y34 still not right--------------stalling

Discussion in 'Infiniti/Nissan' started by Slo N Lo Benzo, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Slo N Lo Benzo

Slo N Lo Benzo New Member

Well i've been having an issue with my 03 m45 for some months now.
    It will just stall on me for no apparent reason, it can be 2 mi of a few hundred between stalls. Had to get something else reliable a few months ago.
    Decided to get it diag last week. The code for camshaft pos. sensor came up so i had the shop switch them out.
    l picked up the ride today and it drove fine but later today took it out and it stalled again just as before.
    Have u guys had similar problems.

2. FaLKoN400

FaLKoN400 Member

3. TonyQ45

TonyQ45 Member

I had a similar issue with my Q but it was the crankshaft sensor. I had replaced the one on the top front and when I did it started right up and ran for about 5 mins and then stalled. Tried cranking it and it would just turnover without starting. Finally I learned there was another crank shaft sensor underneath the engine and ended up replacing both sensor to be on the safe side. The problem was fixed and haven't had issue yet. Good luck!

4. Slo N Lo Benzo

Slo N Lo Benzo New Member

Thanks guys but changed out the crank sensor and still same issue.
    Starting to think that something is up with the computer.

5. hlj1215

hlj1215 New Member

you should check the wiring around the engine. i had a problem with another vehicle stalling with oil pressure sensor wiring shorting out cause vehicle to stall. and it was hidden under the heat shield that not easily seen.