y33 interior lights

Discussion in 'Interior' started by Ronnie81, Jul 23, 2010.

1. Ronnie81

Ronnie81 New Member

what are the 97-2001 y33 interior bulbs? i need to change mine out and i dont know the bulb sizes thanks

2. burgy

burgy New Member

Last edited: Jul 25, 2010
  3. PANCAKES!

PANCAKES! Most hated - DIVA...!

LMK what these are when you do it!
    I'm planning on upgrading mine when I can
    You'll probably beat me to it

4. Ronnie81

Ronnie81 New Member

5. F.L.S.

F.L.S. New Member

6. I've swapped out the HVAC lights in my 97 Q. I got them from http://autolumination.com/74.htm. Very fast shipping. They're located in the middle of the page and are called "Neo Wedge Bulbs" or something to that extent. I scooped up the ones with the PLCC2 type of LED. Do not get the dual LED ones, they do not fit. Already tried.
    The overhead illumination uses a 74 bulb, but you'll need one that's mounted at a 90degree angle so it actually comes out the little slot. The driver's side window switch panel illumination uses a 74 bulb, too. The dome lights are a BA9S and the rear domes are a regular festoon. Front wheel wells are a 94, as are all the doors.

I've picked up product from v-leds, autolumination, and superbrightleds. All great product with great shipping.

7. PANCAKES!

PANCAKES! Most hated - DIVA...!

Thanks! :biggthumpup:
    What about the dash, that's where I'm most intrested
    The stock lighting on the dash SUCKS BALLS! :saiyancrunks:

8. BLKVIP

BLKVIP Member

if your still stuck on the sizes check your owners manual they may include a list ofsizes

9. Ronnie81

Ronnie81 New Member

Thank you sir...=D

10. As far as the cluster, bro? I think the main lighting uses 194 bulbs and the gear selector lights are 74 bulbs, but not those neowedge ones. Just regular 74's. The gear indicator on the floor/trans hump uses a 194 bulb, if I recall correctly. I've been wanting to get a 194 bulb base and use an LED strip for the shift indicator on the floor. So the light is even. It's been a slow process between paying for my audio habit, collecting S14 parts for my conversion, tinkering with the car, and converting the interior to all LED.
    Also, the ignition ring may be slightly tricky.

11. burgy

burgy New Member

I already did it once, ut then swapped them out as I didn't have the full set and now I forget which ones I used. I will get to this shortly...