Y33 door panel help

Discussion in 'Interior' started by ticket_target, Oct 29, 2011.

1. ticket_target

ticket_target New Member

Is there some sort of trick to reinstall the rear door panels in a Y33? I changed out a rear window motor and putting the door panel back on is whipping me... Please tell me someone else has had this problem and help me figure it out!

2. VIP-UCF

VIP-UCF Active Member

its really simple...try to roll the window down first and put the top edge on first...

3. ticket_target

ticket_target New Member

I tried that... Not sure why this is such a PITA to me. Maybe because I have big hands and no patience

4. vip tint+glass

vip tint+glass Active Member

roll window down
    put front corner in, make sure its all the way in
    then bang down where the small pillar is between the 2 windows
    sometimes its easier if you use pliers to flair the metal lip outwards near the small pillar

5. ticket_target

ticket_target New Member

Thanks I'll try that

6. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

the rears are a bitch but with some finger muscle strength you can flex the door panel to get it over the top edge. Come down at a angle rather then straight on helps too.

7. burgy

burgy New Member

^the angle is how I got it to work...

8. ticket_target

ticket_target New Member

Glad I am not the only one who has had this problem! I will try again using you advice when I get a day off of work

9. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

sooo did it work?

10. Small Hands y33

Small Hands y33 New Member

the metal clips on the top that hold the rubber piece for the window are a bitch they some times get bent reinstalling!!! try folding them back and try holding the door pannel at a angle top first... had same problem

11. Awwthentic

Awwthentic New Member

I work it at an angle =)

12. DIRTYATL

DIRTYATL Active Member

Semi old thread............but yeah def roll the Windows down and go at it with an angle
    Worked like a charm for me

13. ticket_target

ticket_target New Member

Sorry for super delayed response. Ended up bending the sheet metal at the top out just a bit for more clearance to get my big ass hands in there. Finally got it back together!
    Thanks for everyone's advice. Great community when you ca. Get help for such a simple task. Anywhere else and I would have gotten flamed...