Y33 Door cards

Discussion in 'Interior' started by Pandas, Oct 26, 2007.

1. Pandas

Pandas New Member

Hi,
    How do I remove the front door cards on a JDM spec Y33? The search function doesnt really seem to be working and I'm stumped how to get them off. Any help would be sweet.

2. Green Poupon

Green Poupon New Member

Are you talking about the inserts in the doors? If so you have to remove the door panels and then pull them out. I can post pictures if you need help.

3. Yokotas13

Yokotas13 Banned

door cards are door panels in the rest of the world

4. Who_ate_my_rice

Who_ate_my_rice New Member

I was makign a tutorial to put up here because i didnt know how either. i firgure dit out myself thouhg

one you have to do is take off that small sorta plastic surround around the door handle

then you remove the armrest of the door. the leater/felt pad. Get your keys or your claws underneath the end and Pull it up towards the door sails. You need a bit of force but remember to be careful >_<!!

Then after that you have to remove the oak/wood panel in there with the window buttons. BECAREFUL WITH THIS. shit i get scared everytime i try to take this out. there are a few sorta clips aroudn teh new hole syou've uncovered. reach in towards the window buttons and push and pull up the panel/trim thing at the same time. it shou;d pop out. needs a little effort too =__=

next under nead where the arm rest is, there is the door light. pop out that cap and the white insert.

once everythign has been unplugged and all the screws you see are undone (you dont have to undo the screw connected to the black pastic part which holds teh door handle) reach yoru fingers around the bottom of the door cover/card and PULL towards you. and do that all aroudn teh bottom and the sides of the door. once you have everything out or you think its out. lift the door cover/card upwards. it should pop out in one piece and there you go!

now you can replace teh speakers, or install soem dynamat, secret stash of money, your will. lol do what you have to do XD

hope that helps.

5. Yokotas13

Yokotas13 Banned

eh
    mine had like 3 screws to take out, and a few panels to pop off, and they came off

i have the saem car

6. Who_ate_my_rice

oh cool man. good to know someone does XD

yeah pretty easy to take off but i thought i'd put a bit more detail into the how-to XD

7. Yokotas13

Yokotas13 Banned

no prob

now if i can get unlazy and put my passenger doorpanels on lol

8. Who_ate_my_rice

LOL shit i left my back seats out for soooo long.

everyoen used to get pissed at me coz i couldnt give them a rid XD haha

and then when i fianlyl go around to chuckign in a sub and some speakers i put them back in....

why you hae to do a major drama just to replace the speakers in the back is beyond me