Y33 climate control

Discussion in 'Interior' started by ni5mo240, Feb 12, 2009.

1. ni5mo240

ni5mo240 New Member

I have a question, I have a 97 y33 but want to install a 99-01 climate control with the clock, has anyone done this successfully? Is it plug and play? Help would be appreciated, thanks!

2. burgy

burgy New Member

Yes it has been done, I have not done it however so I can not help further. G/L

3. jdm94sir

jdm94sir New Member

Hey i have the stock 00 climet control for sale if you want it let me know.

4. audiovisiony33

audiovisiony33 New Member

Yes it can be done. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2316066

Ac plugs right in but the clock has to wireed in. It's been more than two years since I had it done and there should be three or four wires to be connected.

One was black which is ground for sure. There was pink w/blue stripe,yellow and one more color.

How many and what color wires is it there ? so I can refresh my memory.

5. DaygoVIP619

DaygoVIP619 New Member

did they ever come in wood grain or was yours custom painted?

6. audiovisiony33

audiovisiony33 New Member

I end up painting the vent because I didn't want to pay $170.00 or $180.00 bucks for the black vent from the dealer.
    Vent can be disassembled so you can prep to paint just the cover only.

That's why I don't have the open & close symbol in the center by the open/close handle.

I also applied the some texture paint to match the texture of the side vents and I was very jealous of my work after I finished. lol

7. Alika80

Alika80 Member

ni5mo240, did you ever complete this swap?

8. MR.J

MR.J New Member

anybody know where i can get a write up on this interested.

9. ni5mo240

ni5mo240 New Member

it's pretty easy, you just need to wire up the clock, also I just saw a really cheap one on ebay today

10. Brokey33

Brokey33 New Member

^^^ Yup ^^^^
    Get constant power and ground for the clock, so it willl keep ticking, even with the key out. You don't want it to stop when you've shut off the car off. Otherwise you'll always be settin your time.
    And grab power and ground on some illumination wires back there too, so when your lights are on at night, the clock will light up too.
    If that's all you're lookin to do to it, plug the rest in and you'll get vvvvvv in your 97-98

[​IMG]