wood grain wheel

Discussion in 'Interior' started by vzuptnguyen, Dec 6, 2007.

1. vzuptnguyen

vzuptnguyen New Member

do you guys use any cleaning products on them? is so what?

ive heard the lacquer can dry out making the wheel lose its finish. but those were on after market wheels. i think it was mugen or something.

2. vzuptnguyen

vzuptnguyen New Member

no one here takes care of their woodgrain?!

i have a coat of pearl on it, its factory. im afraid it might rub or blemish out slowly over time though.

do any of you guys wear a soft glove when driving?

3. DriftGirl

DriftGirl Banned

[​IMG]:smiley:

Seriously, I havent had a problem w/mine, so I really couldnt say. :shrug:

4. vzuptnguyen

vzuptnguyen New Member

how long have you had yours on? btw what car? and do you have a coat of pearl on your wheel?

5. vzuptnguyen

vzuptnguyen New Member

damn. no one takes care of their wheel? do you guys think its even necessary? my shit is oem so im sure its quality but i dont want the pearl fading out.

so wats up guys.

6. Green Poupon

Green Poupon New Member

now THATS VIP!

Your wheel should be fine. I used windex on mine twice a month to keep it shiny and clean.

7. widebody_Q

widebody_Q VSC Super Moderator

HAHAHA my thoughts exactly.

What I do is apply a coat of zaino Z5 on it like once a month sometimes once every two months as well as the wood on the doors, dash. etc. Zaino isnt a wax, its a sealant so the shine lasts longer and its easy to apply. Sorry no pics but Ill get some within the next few days if I can.

Windex works too I guess lol

Last edited: Feb 5, 2008
  8. vzuptnguyen

vzuptnguyen New Member

thanks finally guys, ill definately look into that zaino. its approved for wood surfaces correct?

9. jaynick808

jaynick808 New Member

i would have to say windex isnt that great. chemicals in the glass cleaner cant help the wood in the longterm. i use zaino too :biggthumpup: Zfx ftmfw!!

10. jaynick808

jaynick808 New Member

11. Green Poupon

Green Poupon New Member

I gotta switch to that zaino stuff.

I wonder why Garson, JP, ect... haven't made a driving glove yet. :yahoo_39:

12. jaynick808

jaynick808 New Member

i agree, its worth the extra couple bucks. ive tried every single product they carry, and none have been a dissappointment.

ive been wondering the same thing about some type of vip driving gloves cause sometimes i scratch the leather when i do a lot of turning. id rather have a simpler JP type tho. i can imagine garson making some michael jackson lookin type of ish. bring bring and tassels and all kinds of unneccessary goodies.