wood grain LED dome light >>>(**.)

Discussion in 'Interior' started by zion_97, Feb 11, 2008.

1. zion_97

zion_97 Banned

Sup fellas,,,,I had been wanting an overhead dome light for some time now, especially for pictures...This is a pretty cheap mod..I purchased this three pack of battery operated lights. you just push the button and wala light..cool thing is that you dont waiste your car battery for shows and pics..THey have two settings high and low, also the light toggels and rotates I though was pretty cool..as I have been painting parts I decided to wood grain this to match the rest of my interior..hee hee hee...I may use one for under my dash table or where ever else light is needed..these lights came with velcro stickers that work perfect on the over head felt..anyways I thought I would share a cheap way of making something happen..

here are some pics..I will take some night shots so you can all see how they light up the car..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. elpresidente

elpresidente Administrator

Is it just the pics or is it kinda thick? Maybe that has to do with the rotating/directional part. Your painting is good as usual.

3. zion_97

zion_97 Banned

its exactly 1" thick.
    ..not sure if its the pics or if 1" is thick to you..

4. zion_97

zion_97 Banned

I think I may get some chrome pint striping tape and incorporate that some how, perhaps along the lip of the step

5. OG

OG Active Member

good idea but i'm not feelin the execution on this one. imo you would have been better off mounting an oem light into the headliner. i geuss this is easier because its a simple add on, but the problem is it looks like an add on.

6. zion_97

zion_97 Banned

yeah thats all I want for now is a simple add on...something I can use for the time beeing..I am going to redew my interior in the future and want to inlay some amber leds or white leds I have not made up my mine..I will run about 10 lights on each side...and redew my head liner in either a tiger pattern or a zebra pattern...and have my carpet match that hopefully or get some matching floor mats...good thing a bout this is that I can take it off and position it where I want since its velcro..like I said I may just mount it under the table so when I open my glove box in the night I will have a grip of light so I can see my shiat better..

7. jaynick808

jaynick808 New Member

lol cool man. my friend just bought the exact same things for his closet. thought they were handy, especially with the velcro release.

at first when i saw the thread title i thought u plugged in my dome light to take pics with the led's on or somethin before it shipped out. :shrug:
    ahhh lol i cant wait :giggity:

8. speedaddict

speedaddict bippu cowboy

lol, that's the same dome light I bought from Costco for my house to go under the cabinets....

9. brianlester

brianlester New Member

Pretty original! Nothing but RICH mahogany for my ride! LOL!

But +1 on the chrome ring... will likely set it off nicely.

10. zion_97

zion_97 Banned

yeah I got these from COSTCO...hahahahaha

11. speedaddict

speedaddict bippu cowboy

get the chrome moulding from autozone or pepboys and put it on there. It will look better than chrome tape.