Which Auto shift knob looks better?

Discussion in 'Interior' started by romeo291, Nov 4, 2008.

1. romeo291

romeo291 New Member

Hey guys, I recently did a gated shifter conversion on my car and I am looking in the market for a better shift knob. I have a lexus. Anyways, I can't decide what to get. Lemme know what you guys think of the ones I am looking at right now, and also, please add any other suggestions you might have.

I am not sure of the prices, but this is what I think they're going for. Let me know if you've seen better deals elsewhere. Thank you

RAZO (about $70):

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

FABULOUS ($165) in Cherry Brown:

[​IMG]

Lexus LS460 shift knob (around $160, I would probably get the black one since the woodgrain won't match):

[​IMG]

Wald International (about $300):

[​IMG]

2. Caoboy

Caoboy New Member

It's a shift knob.......Wald is only good if you have other Wald parts..Razo is well, Razo, LS460 is nice.

What car?

3. romeo291

romeo291 New Member

I don't have a vip platform, it'll be going into a SC300. I am not really in a hurry to get one at the moment, I was about to buy the Fabulous shift knob until I started looking around and found other options. So now I am trying to see what other cool shift knobs are out there first. So far, the ones I've posted are the only ones I've seen that suits my taste.

I agree with you on the Wald shift knob though, it would be much better if I had a full Wald kit or something. I however have the Auto Couture kit and the AC shift knob is way overprice imo. It's like $675 and it looks really plain:

[​IMG]

4. Caoboy

Caoboy New Member

That looks like an SC430 or Sport Design knob. You can get a deal of like 60-70 for one of those oem knobs.

5. romeo291

romeo291 New Member

Yeah I know, I don't know what's so special about the AC knob to make it cost that much. It looks like an OEM knob with the logo, thats about it. But yeah, let me know if you see any other nice looking shift knob that would work with a Lexus. :biggthumpup:

6. fattyboi006

fattyboi006 New Member

Its the name your paying for lol thats why it cost so much

7. chrispy

chrispy Active Member

Stock or SC430 shift knob looks fine to me.

8. OG

OG Active Member

ac looks sick and if it's just a logo'd oem i go that way (oem).

wald is 2nd imo.

ls rounding out 3rd.

9. romeo291

romeo291 New Member

Well the AC is different from the OEM because it doesn't have the leather on the sides, the AC is all wood. OEM has leather on the sides.

10. OG

OG Active Member

well then ac would be my choice, although $700 on a shift knob is kinda hard to swallow. taking another look at it the fabo is clean and they have a couple different woods so you might be able to match. i dunno... hard choice i guess.

11. elpresidente

elpresidente Administrator

LS460 applying that it matches your leather.

12. Caoboy

Caoboy New Member

No. The SC430 knob looks the same. The sport design GS knobs were used from an SC430.

13. romeo291

romeo291 New Member

Yeah dude, the SC430 shift knob does look like the Auto Couture one:

[​IMG]

What I was talking about was the stock shift knob for my car though, it's different because it has the leather on the side. It looks just like this:

[​IMG]

14. vip tint+glass

vip tint+glass Active Member

they all look the same but im leaning to the fabulous one

or this in wood
    [​IMG]

15. PANCAKES!

PANCAKES! Most hated - DIVA...!

My fav is the Garson one but I can't use that one on my car w/o modding the O/D button

Here's the best one I've seen for the Y33s
    [​IMG]

Made by Crosszone

16. VipDout

VipDout Active Member

Garson has a Nice one but I had no idea these were this much , DAMN !

I have the all black leather knob

17. augdogg

augdogg VSC Super Moderator

[​IMG]
    Me likey this one (bias).......

18. Platinum-VIP

Platinum-VIP New Member

LS460 or IS350 shift knob.

19. RotaryAE86

RotaryAE86 New Member

im rocking a garson, theyre nice

20. JDMGalant