where can you get the checkered floor mats stateside?

Discussion in 'Interior' started by allstar, Mar 12, 2007.

1. na4now

na4now New Member

2. BrianStyles

BrianStyles Banned

3. na4now

na4now New Member

4. BrianStyles

BrianStyles Banned

5. BOSOZOKU

BOSOZOKU New Member

idk if your in it for the looks or for the comfort, but just a tip.. older Jaguar mats are by far the best quality you will find. my factory MB mats are extremely comfotable, but with the jag mats you'll smile everytime you step into your car. not too hard to find at JYs or the dealership.

6. na4now

na4now New Member

Im looking for a factory-like fit. I think Im just going to go with new OEM ones, personally.

7. BOSOZOKU

BOSOZOKU New Member

line the bottom with some top quality foam. it's the little details like this that set the car off. might sound odd but Bed Bath & Beyond has some awesome sheets of 'memory foam' shit that feels great under your feet. just cut it to shape of the factory mats.

8. Caoboy

Caoboy New Member

they are floormats. get some off ebay. find a seller there, or ask a custom's shop. it's going to get dirty/muddy, and it's not going to make a difference if its a regular fabric or 'top quality memory foam'.

9. na4now

na4now New Member

Ive ordered two different sets, off ebay. They look great in the picture, but end up being cheap, thin, and poor quality. I dont want some that slide around, and wont stay in position.

And, ...my mats wont get dirty. :) I dont let people ride in my car, generally, and on rainy days I drive other vehicles. I just bought some OEM ones so I think Ill be happy. It would be nice to have something custom, but, oh well.

10. BOSOZOKU

BOSOZOKU New Member

ebay isn't the place for quality products. and that's what we're here for, right? VIP? and it makes a massive difference if you pad the underside of them. take a ride in my S class.. and you must not care about your car too much if your willing step into it with dirt or mud on your shoes. i was just making a suggestion for a top quality product at ebay prices. then again, money shouldn't be an issue if your building your car for luxury so why get ebay garbage?

back on topic, the cocomats are pretty nice. i'd just be sure to color match them. are you guys sure they don't have the checkers? anyone call them?

11. menappi

menappi New Member

I dunno what your talking about, a lot of the stuff on ebay isn't garbage, only the knockoff chinese stuff. For some thing like floor mats, ebay is a good place to start. What kind of difference does a floor mat with padding under it have then one without, it's a floor mat, not a floor matresse.

12. BOSOZOKU

BOSOZOKU New Member

it's much more comfortable. especially on your heels for long distances. if no one is worried about comfort or luxury, why not just leave your car stock?maybe even take the floor mats out. i recently joined this forum assuming everyone here was an enthusiast of luxury. starting to seem like maybe alot of people are just here for the trend? i got into VIP three years ago when i got fed up with tickets. wanted a low profile high luxury car. got sick of all the trendy people jumping on drifting and ruining it for all of us, so i sold my S13 and all four of my 86s. maybe bippu is just going to turn into another trend and be flooded annoying little followers who do what the media/masses tell them to do. but i really hope i'm wrong. hostility over floormats isn't too great of a greeting coming in here as an OG just trying to help people out and take a look at what other people are doing these days. certainly has come a long way from the twin verticle tailpipes, i must say..