What is this? (Y34)

Discussion in 'Infiniti/Nissan' started by JamesVee, Apr 28, 2013.

1. JamesVee

JamesVee New Member

Checking everything over and I noticed this plug not connected. It's under the air intake, between it and the block. Should this be connected? What does it do?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367185353.164704.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367185370.868393.jpg

2. Slo N Lo Benzo

Slo N Lo Benzo New Member

There's a 2 wire plug that plugs into it. There's also another on opposite side of engine, wires go thru inner fender well. Looks like for abs, haven't tracked it all the way tho. Later.

3. JamesVee

JamesVee New Member

Cool, thanks. If you figure it out, please reply.

4. StockStar

StockStar New Member

The red and green cable seems to be legitimacy placed in your pic compared to mine. That green & red cable runs through that black plastic conduit with a hint of black electrical style tape

[​IMG]

The other end of this cable is brown & white in color with a black jacket housing both cables. It runs inside a wall that contains the left/driver side strut from what I can see.
    It looks like you are missing the female cap that compliments the brown and white portion of the cable. OS sensor?

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 1, 2013
  5. lowlyfey34

lowlyfey34 New Member

looks like the wheel speed sensor.....should route inside the strut tower down to the knuckle....

6. JamesVee

JamesVee New Member

That might be why I'm looking at an ABS, VDC, and Slip light.

7. hlj1215

hlj1215 New Member

why not just dis connect it and start up the car and see what the CEL tells you? then connect back the connectors clear the codes

8. openthrottle

openthrottle New Member

sure is.

I had to replace both of mine ha. not a cheap part by all means.