What color for my JP table?

Discussion in 'Interior' started by infini, Jul 29, 2010.

1. infini

infini New Member

Heh,

JP makes a table for my RX330. I am prob. getting one soon. But I wanted your guys opinion on what style I might get? You guys know this stuff :) I was thinking either black as an obvious choice or a wood grain or even a light gray.

I do not want to get into trouble for using the JP charts or there sample images so here is a link to the sale page: http://www.vipstylecars.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9723

My dash:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I am worried the wood grain would either not really match or it would stick out in a way that did not flow with the slick/modern look of this interior. Black might just blend and light grey look strange. I wish I could find a pic of what the JDM version looks like lol. Might make this a whole lot easier.

2. OG

OG Active Member

i think grey leather may look nice and it's the unexpected choice.

3. infini

infini New Member

It's definately a consideration. No grey leather option though. Would prob. be a "color" option. I know even the leather one I have on my xA/iSt is actually a kind of paper that has a slight leather pattern. I learned to live with it but don't put any liquids on the surface for very long since it's actually coated paper/cardboard :(

4. infini

infini New Member

Asked Sean JDMPalace if he could help. I can't seem to figure out what wood grain this is either. I think there are three options and one is black wood grain. So it's one of two types. Also I asked to see close ups of some of the color samples. Prob will help allot.

PS: It's either walnut or bird's-eye maple wood trim. Hmm

Last edited: Jul 29, 2010
  5. OG

OG Active Member

i see grey leather as an option. :yahoo_39:

6. infini

infini New Member

I own the black leather version for the xA. I was a tad disappointed in the leather "like" pattern compared to the pics. I asked for swatches pics so I can determine the color tones.

PS: My trim is walnut Burl :) Cool!

Last edited: Jul 29, 2010
  7. infini

infini New Member

Yeah wood grain option is out. So it's down to the black/ black leather for a more matt texture and the light Grey Leather. Hope I can at least get a larger pic/swatch of that so I can see if there color is not too way off.

8. JunctionVIP

JunctionVIP New Member

Wood finish

9. infini

infini New Member

Yeah the Wood finish is not gonna happen. Even if I wanted it there is no Walnut Burl and I am not gonna get one just to see if it matches. So I kind of moves on to the grey leather or black..

10. GS4_FIend

GS4_FIend New Member

Get wood grain since it will match with your OEM wood trim. That's what I'm looking for too

11. infini

infini New Member

I would consider it if I could be sure it would match the cars gain. There is no Walnut Burl on the list. Really wish I had better info.

12. GS4_FIend

GS4_FIend New Member

I just order mines from JDMPALACE. They have a very close color very close to OEM.

13. infini

infini New Member

What wood trim? I just do not want to take the risk when there are no returns. Trying to find out if there dark wood matches walnut Burl.

14. 33flavors

33flavors VSC Super Moderator

VIP'd out makes them custom to your choice

15. MR.J

MR.J New Member

Ditto.

16. GS4_FIend

GS4_FIend New Member

Why dont you PM him what he gots to offer?

17. infini

infini New Member

Website??

18. VipDout

VipDout Active Member

[​IMG]

The color on the bottom seems to be the match ;)

can click on the blog in my sig, and search tables

19. infini

infini New Member

Really? Looks way diff. to me. Second from the top seems a better fit. However what wood is it? My Trim is walnut Burl. Great looking tables though. Been chatting with some people for a few years about your stuff.

20. rayj323

rayj323 New Member

I would go with wood, looks more VIP to me.