VIP table attempt

Discussion in 'Interior' started by texastoast`, Dec 8, 2012.

1. texastoast`

texastoast` New Member

So here is my new project im starting to kill some time. sorry for the crappy pics it was late when i took them. still not completely done gonna go to home[​IMG] depot today and find a stain to match my steering wheel and gonna put the chrome trim around the edges. i know it doesnt look like any of the stuff junction or vipdout puts out but its my first one it can only get better from here. let me know what yall think.
    [​IMG]
    IMAG0360 by robronq, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    IMAG0612 by robronq, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    IMAG0617 by robronq, on Flickr

2. LowStyle400

LowStyle400 New Member

looks like a good start to me. I'm doing the same thing right now, and agree completely with things can only get better from here... lol mine not even close to assembly yet. i like the design

3. texastoast`

texastoast` New Member

Thanks man. i've actually been working on mine for a while to. with work and kids there seems to be just NO time. im hoping to have it done by this weekend though. then im planning on making more with different designs. gonna be getting a bandsaw for christmas so it should make the process faster. be sure to post up some pics when u get urs done so we can see

4. LowStyle400

LowStyle400 New Member

will do. i've been at a stand still the last few weeks. it's been hell trying to find parts up here.

5. texastoast`

texastoast` New Member

**Updated**
    just put some stain last night. gonna get at least 2 more coats to get it a little darker then throw down the clear.
    [​IMG]
    IMAG0622 by robronq, on Flickr

Last edited: Dec 9, 2012
  6. LowStyle400

LowStyle400 New Member

looking good my friend

7. SteveORT

SteveORT New Member

Impressive!!! How do you plan to attach it to the dash?

8. texastoast`

texastoast` New Member

thanks..i plan on mounting it the same was as in the pic below. i dont have a lexus but i got lucky in having screws holding the glove box in the same spot.
    [​IMG]
    mounting by robronq, on Flickr

9. dlum125

dlum125 New Member

That's pretty sick!! Can i ask what kind of wood you are using?? I think I'm gonna try this out too. Seems like a pretty nice little side project

10. texastoast`

texastoast` New Member

Thnx...i believe it is oak wood. its definitly been a fun project for me. actually gonna look at making these to possibly sell. i got a couple buddies asking for one so we'll see how it turns out.

11. texastoast`

texastoast` New Member

ok got the clear down just waiting for it to dry then gonna add the chrome trim around both teirs and waiting for the chrome cup holder inserts. after that time to get it mounted
    [​IMG]
    IMAG0637 by robronq, on Flickr

12. texastoast`

texastoast` New Member

just need my cup holder rings and im done
    [​IMG]
    IMAG0653 by robronq, on Flickr

13. LowStyle400

LowStyle400 New Member

wow. its turning out great i really like that color stain.

14. dlum125

dlum125 New Member

wow it's looking real good. how did you get the holes for the pillars to line up so perfectly?

15. texastoast`

texastoast` New Member

thnx. measure 5 times cut once...lol

16. Stock

Stock New Member

Where did you get the chrome trip/cupholder rings?

17. texastoast`

texastoast` New Member

18. texastoast`

texastoast` New Member

well couldnt wait for the chrome rings to come in tomorrow. i got everything installed today just waiting for the rings. im happy with how it came out. let me know what yall think.:giggity:
    [​IMG]
    IMAG0677 by robronq, on Flickr

19. Stock

Stock New Member

Looks dope, thanks for the link! Where did you source the actual chrome trim for the entire table?

20. texastoast`

texastoast` New Member

pepboys automotive chrome trim. i just bought a pack there just to get this one started. but since i want to start making them to sell i am gonna get them from ebay. u can buy it by the yard and its cheaper