ucf2x with mk4 supra wheel???

Discussion in 'Interior' started by BLKVIP, Feb 26, 2011.

1. BLKVIP

BLKVIP Member

im assuming its possible as their both toyota's, but has anyone or does anyone know if i can put the supra steering wheels in my car?

2. OG

OG Active Member

the ls app aftermarket hubs are interchangable with some supras so it should physically bolt up depending on which one, but electronics/air bags is another issue.

3. LiCelsior

LiCelsior New Member

get the oem woodgrain one.

4. BLKVIP

BLKVIP Member

the oem woodgrain?? but i figured i could with the hubs just wanted to make sure, i dont care about the airbag lol

5. LiCelsior

LiCelsior New Member

u dont like the OEM woodgrain wheel from the LS's?

6. BLKVIP

BLKVIP Member

ohh nah i have that, i want a sportier one ie. smaller. i would get the garson in a heart beat but i could easily use that 600 for many other things lol.

7. Tabaka

Tabaka New Member

It should work. Is the Supra Steering wheel you want have four spokes? If so, they are generically called the "pillow case" wheel. I'd swap a three spoke wheel from an IS300 if you want something sporty. You will want to get a new air bag with a single stage detonator. Are you looking for one with a Lexus logo or Toyota logo? You will also need a single stage wiring harness from Toyota. Let me know if you need any help.

8. BLKVIP

BLKVIP Member

yeah the four spokes, i would get the is300 but i meh just dont like it, and yea i was looking for the toyota emblem. but great help from everyone!!!!

9. Tabaka

Tabaka New Member

Agreed, IS300 air bag is meh, but the 3-spoke wheel itself is really sporty. Pick up any single stage airbag from a celica or corolla. Toyota air bags are way cheaper than Lexus. Float around ebay a bit and you'll find a good deal. Send me a PM if you need any installation tips.

10. Tabaka

Tabaka New Member

Last edited: Mar 1, 2011
  11. BLKVIP

BLKVIP Member

lol if the wood was my wood color i just might of lol

12. Tabaka

Tabaka New Member

yeah, it's been tough to sell due to the color. I really wanted to be unique and install this in my older SC. If you check the bottom of my for sale post, I'm also selling a roll of dinoc wood grain that matches. I'm sure everyone wants actual wood but it's an option.

Found a Celica bag wheel and bag if you're interested. A guy is selling it for $250 on CL:

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc400-300-classifieds/555612-black-interior.html

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 1, 2011
  13. Phaze2_mizzark

Phaze2_mizzark New Member

AGREED! but that would be nice though.

14. BLKVIP

BLKVIP Member

haaahhh forgot bout this actully got myself a preown ITALVOLANTI wheel. so kinda got my garson one lol