Tray Table

Discussion in 'Interior' started by jamesgh, Jan 28, 2013.

1. jamesgh

jamesgh New Member

not trying to be a dick, but why would you want something everyone else has the same version of? that box...get outside of it.

Here's a quick shot of it after staining. Still working on either a chrome trim ring or another idea I had

[​IMG]

And its in this...

[​IMG]

2. JSC4

JSC4 New Member

that looks so much better than the first one !

3. jamesgh

jamesgh New Member

I should have another new product finished here in 2 weeks, new milling process that is all CNC controlled as well as a variety of new ideas that I haven't seen implemented yet =)

4. jamesgh

jamesgh New Member

Here are the CAD files, that will be sent to my CNC guy. This is for a Q45 Rear setup.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. speedaddict

speedaddict bippu cowboy

the newer version table looks a lot better. If you're open to suggestions, I would take a look at the woodgrain pattern as well when making these tables. I noticed some people just cutting the wood and not paying attention to detail to where the grains match. Top wood goes vertical while bottom goes horizontal. Maybe its just me, but I notice these kinds of things.

6. jamesgh

jamesgh New Member

I will admit I did cut the table in the G Sedan a little hastily and didn't pay attention to that, however this won't be much of a problem with the new process I have going on. Hopefully I will have a test fitted piece cut, and installed by the end of this weekend. We shall see, My normal test car is on the other side of Atlanta, the 2nd test car is in the body shop for work, and the third is the lowest static Q45 I've ever seen running -8* camber in the rear so he is picky on driving it around.

7. jamesgh

jamesgh New Member

things are taking much longer than expected.....damn side projects always happen this way......final shape cuts for a front Q45.....getting the proper file format for the cnc machine has proven a little more than click & save which has become quite the headache....

[​IMG]