Steering options?

Discussion in 'Interior' started by timfiredog, Oct 1, 2007.

1. timfiredog

timfiredog New Member

Ok guys, FLAME ON. I hate my US airbag steering wheel, I want to replace it. NARDI considered VIP enough?

2. mebippu

mebippu New Member

nardi's are cool but i think even with the wood steering wheel it would still look a little on the sporty side and considering how thin and compact the wheel is it kinda makes the driver side seem a little empty in my opinion.

3. elpresidente

elpresidente Administrator

Not true. Nardi has several options that would work with VIP..like this variation of the Gara4:
    [​IMG]

4. MS9

MS9 New Member

add to this..

is it illegal to remove an airbag steering wheel if the car came OE with the airbag steering wheel... then replace it with a steering wheel without airbags.. like the NARDI..

would it fail state inspection.. or CHP inspection..?

btw.. i kinda like the the NARDI GARA 4/4 W/W

5. elpresidente

It's not illegal in every state from what I know. I removed the airbag in my Z and replaced it and it was never questioned by law enforcement. They even liked my quick release...haha.

6. timfiredog

timfiredog New Member

Screw the laws, I can always take 30 mins of my life every 2 yrs to throw the ABwheel back on. And besides, if you dig deep enough into most states bylaws, you will find that almost any modifications to a car is illegal, never stop us before. DOWN WITH THE MAN.

7. BOSOZOKU

BOSOZOKU New Member

i wouldn't be concerned with the law, but if you ever try to make an insurance claim if you have any kind of collison or something, your fvk'd pretty hardcore.. your rates will skyrocket unless the car was totalled and you won't get any claim money. as for the nardi wheels, they are just too thin for my liking. i like a super thick leather wheel. the wood gets annoying cause it's slippery in your hands and uncomfortable.

8. OG

OG Active Member

what about a garson or jp?

9. jstyle

jstyle New Member

Or get the best of both worlds.

Wood/leather wheel with airbag.:shrug:

[​IMG]

10. timfiredog

timfiredog New Member

hmmm, i forgot momo made such a beast. i wonder if they hav a fit for the xB?

11. DriftGirl

DriftGirl Banned

That Momo is nice. I ve got like 5 Nardi's R'now in my collection. :biggthumpup:

oh, Its illegal in every state to remove an airbag BTW :sad:

12. DaygoVIP619

DaygoVIP619 New Member

hw much much is that!!?

13. hondaboi

hondaboi New Member

yeah, how much is that momo...

btw...I kinda want to change my steering wheel for my previa, any recommendations?

14. elpresidente

Not on Airbag optional cars (like my Z was). But these days everything has an airbag.

15. Caoboy

Caoboy New Member

Junction Produce also makes a wheel, I think it's Toyota specific though. runs like 680, or that may be the TRD one i'm thinking of. JP may also make one for the q/infiniti brand too.

16. hamads

hamads New Member

i believe its a federal law to replace your airbag-equipped wheel with a wheel that has no airbags. Heard this from a few people and I even got ticketed on base (federal) with my nardi steering wheel. The ticket was for vehicle equipment violation which I got while parked, not driving.

17. jstyle

jstyle New Member

Depends where you get it.
    Price ranges from $300.00 used to over $750.00 new from the NISSAN dealer.

18. burgy

burgy New Member

What car had that option for that Momo Nissan wheel?? I know that Silvia's had a rare option for one like that but it wasn't wood???

19. gschan

gschan New Member

Okay, just a quick question... What happens to the cruise control lever after you remove the stock Previa steering wheel? Dash switch?

20. BLKVIP

BLKVIP Member

could always swap the JDM version.. IE u hav lexus swap the toyota one or a aftermarket one ment for the toyota