Starting my interior project

Discussion in 'Interior' started by speedaddict, May 31, 2011.

1. speedaddict

speedaddict bippu cowboy

I thought the paint process was hard to decide on...

This is what my interior guy wanted to do, but diamonds up and down instead of sideways...double stitching a must on diamond stitch imo.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/speedaddict/LEX/doorinserts.jpg?t=1306879383

This is where we are at now more square:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/speedaddict/LEX/doorinserts2.jpg?t=1306879119

I think we should've stuck with the more diamond shape. Its different then what others are doing here.

2. speedaddict

speedaddict bippu cowboy

I thought the paint process was hard to decide on...

This is what my interior guy wanted to do, but diamonds up and down instead of sideways...double stitching a must on diamond stitch imo.

[​IMG]

This is where we are at now more square:

[​IMG]

I think we should've stuck with the more diamond shape. Its different then what others are doing here.

3. Jer

Jer New Member

Thats very nice man. Perfect. What else are you going to do that to? Headliner?

4. OG

OG Active Member

i think you should have listened to the interior guy. i actually like them side to side.

5. jzz30tt

jzz30tt New Member

I think they are perfect as is... looks great! What material is that on the door panel?

6. speedaddict

speedaddict bippu cowboy

can't do side to side on the seat inserts though...

7. Juzzo

Juzzo VSC Super Moderator

I concur with you homie!

speedaddict: What's on your mind color -wise with the rest of the interior?

8. brainneeded

brainneeded Active Member

yeah, the more elongated side by side would have looked dope on the door inserts. seats would look better with a more square diamond in the centers and a partial plan with perforation where the seat back and cushion meet. just my .02. the inserts look great as is.

9. a.blanco0905

a.blanco0905 New Member

This.

Looks nice either way tho.

10. speedaddict

speedaddict bippu cowboy

Perforated leather and regular leather is already in the plan... The door panels are not set in stone. I have to look at overall complete picture. Sideways diamonds do not flow with up and down diamonds. I prefer the skinnier diamonds to the square. I have to plan on how it will work

11. Avantgarde

Avantgarde VSC Super Moderator

Oh damn, I should have looked in here...

I like this a lot! nice color choice too!

I actually like the Orientation Up and Down like you have it on the door... that looks much nicer than side to side..

EDIT:

I really like the size of the pattern you used too... I like where this is going :)

Last edited: Jun 1, 2011
  12. speedaddict

speedaddict bippu cowboy

haha, I checked your post and like this!!

[​IMG]

13. speedaddict

speedaddict bippu cowboy

so i just talked my interior guy to going back side to side door panels and up and down seats...

The headliner and pillars are done in this suede brown (been done for 10 years)...the outside of the seats will be leather and the bottom and top of the middle inserts will be perforated leather, exact pattern as this (except for diamond shape)

[​IMG]

14. airmax

airmax VSC Super Moderator

perfect! :biggthumpup:

15. Kouki Monster

Kouki Monster New Member

i think that is awesome

16. elpresidente

elpresidente Administrator

Either works for me as long as you integrate it elsewhere in the cabin.

17. Kouki Monster

Kouki Monster New Member

yeah, or make a suit from it that you can wear that matches haha

18. speedaddict

speedaddict bippu cowboy

double thread post.

19. OG

OG Active Member

i wouldn't have thought this would work, but after analyzing it it makes perfect sense. when you think about the flow of interior everything radiates from the console back. following the flow, the shapes should go from the leading edge. this makes the doors front to rear and the seats bottom to top. i think you should use this as your model, and the original sample.

20. RaCinStylez

RaCinStylez VSC Super Moderator

My fav interior.

I like where youre headed, cant wait to see final pics