Smokers? Windows?

Discussion in 'Interior' started by uhothepopo, Mar 11, 2011.

1. uhothepopo

uhothepopo New Member

I'm not a smoker and I always try to not let anyone smoke in my car. But when it's late night/early in the morning and I have to drop someone off or I want to leave before someone yaks in the car I've been wondering what's the best window arrangement for letting people smoke in your car? If anyone has a little air flow chart for what windows should be down it would be great. I have a sunroof as well if that's affecting.

The way I usually roll is if the smoker is in the passenger seat I roll the passenger window a quarter/half down and the rear a quarter down.

2. Brandicus

Brandicus VSC Super Duper Mod

id leave the rear windows up, if theyre ashing out the window itll fly right back in and then youll never be rid of the smell. front windows + sunroof has my vote.

Ive also heard window visors let you have the windows cracked with minimal wind turbulence in the cabin... ideal for smokers.

3. vip tint+glass

vip tint+glass Active Member

front windows open only. peeps in back must ash in something

4. JN.FYC

JN.FYC VSC Super Moderator

I usually open the front windows and sunroof, i usually ash through the sunroof.

5. Green Poupon

Green Poupon New Member

Sunroof tilted up and rear windows down ~2". It sucks all of the smoke out the back and top of the car when you are moving.

Wind visors are amazing for smoke control but all the ones i've had have produced a audible whistle/wind noise so I typically avoid them these days.

6. VI IX

VI IX Active Member

+1

unless someone has a magical solution, i've never been able to ash out of a back window without the ash flying back in. so i tell the fools in the back to ash in a bottle or something. as for the front... both windows down, sunroof vented. just ash out right next to the sideview mirror and flick down. :biggthumpup:

7. ExecutiveKoala187

ExecutiveKoala187 New Member

AC up, Ionizer plugged in, front windows half way open, sunroof open.

8. airmax

airmax VSC Super Moderator

the only way for your car to not smell like smoke is to not smoke in the car. thats my motto so i dont let anyone do it.

9. Kohinoor

Kohinoor VSC Super Moderator

be sure not to have your ac on circulate, otherwise youll never get rid of the stale smoke smell.

when i smoked, i would crack the windows, put the ac on fresh air, and use the ash tray for ash. it took a couple years for the smoke smell to go away though. i still need to steam clean my carpet.

10. OG

OG Active Member

i roll the rear wiondow down after i'm done to help ventilate. front window and sunroof while smoking.

11. NELSON09

NELSON09 Active Member

front windows down 1/4 for cigarettes and all windows up air tight for anything else =)

12. Kouki Monster

Kouki Monster New Member

tell em to quit the habbit, or you will quit giving em rides

13. elpresidente

elpresidente Administrator

No smokey, smokey.

14. Neva2wicked

Neva2wicked New Member

I'm a smoker and have a few friends who ride with me who don't. The best solution that I came up with is to stop the car and get out. If they need one real bad, a couple minutes running late to an event is worh the stop. If its a nervous tick or something, they (or I) get 30 seconds) then we are off. The wife doesn't allow me to smoke in the van so when I have the kids, getting out is a must. With my own car and non-smoking passengers, it's just good etiquette.

15. cxlo8331

cxlo8331 Member

THIS!

16. RajahCasti

RajahCasti New Member

y33's have ash trays built in the rear doors:biggthumpup:

17. brainneeded

brainneeded Active Member

i roll the fronts down completely, crack the rears to vent. once i'm done smoking i'll run the a/c and roll all the windows down.

throw squash near the a/c recirc, and take the interior out and wash and let it air for a week, once a year.

18. The ATLien

The ATLien New Member

Pretty much the only golden rule is no smoking in the back seat..its just bad for everyone. Ash gets in the whip and in peoples eyes and causes a whirlwind of nasty

19. plusonechoi

plusonechoi New Member

sunroof open, front windows partially down. ash out the window and blow as much smoke OUT the window. dont let them just exhale anywhere IMO.

but yes honestly the best and ONLY way...do not smoke in the car

20. vip tint+glass

vip tint+glass Active Member

if i wasnt so lazy i would have said exactly this