Re-upholstery fabric perforation for cooled seats

Discussion in 'Interior' started by a.blanco0905, Jul 28, 2011.

1. a.blanco0905

a.blanco0905 New Member

Just wondering if anybody has any first hand experience with either re-upholstering your climate controlled seats or at least the inserts with or without perforating the new fabric. Another member & I want re-upholster our inserts in the future & we were wondering about the complications that could arise from not perforating the new fabric, such as filters getting clogged up & therefore leading to condensation, mold, etc. Any feedback is welcome, thanks ahead of time.

P.S. This is what we're doing... Notice how this guy didnt perforate the fabric, just wondering if the climate controlled seats are still functional.

[​IMG]

2. BAHC

BAHC New Member

id stick with perforated just in case, and it looks better anyway

3. a.blanco0905

a.blanco0905 New Member

Perforated looks better in your opinion? I thought solid looked better, however, you're right about doing it that way just in case... just waiting nd see if I get any solid feedback though. Thanx for your input...

4. brainneeded

brainneeded Active Member

i prefer perforated as well, but you can divide one section into 2 (i.e. dividing up the bottom insert into front and rear sections, and the back insert into upper and lower) and do half perforated and half solid.

5. a.blanco0905

a.blanco0905 New Member

Nintendo.

6. Mr.Doback

Mr.Doback New Member

Didn't gato get his perforated?

As far as mold and such, as long as the seats arent on, you should have little to no air flowing through the seat vents. A/c would have to be on blast on hot days to create enough condensation for mold to form.

I'm sure you already asked gato, but that seems to be the only person stateside thats done it with climate controlled seats, that can be contacted easily.

7. a.blanco0905

a.blanco0905 New Member

Thnx for the input man.