Q45 Victory exhaust

Discussion in 'Engine Modifications' started by Oyabun, Apr 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oyabun

Oyabun New Member

2. Caoboy

Caoboy New Member

Best part about the video? "trendsetters, not followers".. :pat:

3. urmyhero4now

urmyhero4now New Member

he use to be on here before...i think his username was japchef....hes from sunnyvale.

4. tbrack

tbrack New Member

very sexy

5. 00scotty

00scotty New Member

6. driftvip

driftvip New Member

Yah! I likly! I posted the vid in a different thread, guess no one saw it there. hahaha. I saw this car in the bay area, like santa clara or something... maybe it was Sunnyvale. but Thumbs Up!

Personally, Id have to agree with him. He is a "Trend setter" Ive said it before in the VIP101 Area that most people on here just follow what everyone else tells them to do on this forum. It takes some real big Huevos, to stroll the streets with Yankee pipes on a car. And if you've seen the rest of his car. Its pretty awesome and built very much like how the Japaneses do it, and not so much how America does VIP cars. Here its more conservative, probably because of the police situations.

7. driftvip

driftvip New Member

Urmyhero4now, yo i sent you a PM about cool places to meet up, that havent gotten raided. Let me know where those spots are at.

8. elpresidente

elpresidente Administrator

Trend setters start a trend...that means they come up with it, create it..not FOLLOW the trend that someone else started elsewhere...like years ago (which is why Caoboy said what he did).

Shit is hideous. And it's Yankee...not Boso..does he have moped or motorcycle exhaust on it??

9. urmyhero4now

urmyhero4now New Member

im sure he meant it as a trendsetter in the states not the us...everything and anything has been done somewhere in the world. you cant claim a title..and no thats a custom exhaust, exhaust pipe cut up welded together and chromed

10. driftvip

driftvip New Member

HAHAHA! on the video he does say "some will hate, Others will Love." What a true statement. Its like there is no in between. Elpresidente sure seems to be offended by it. and yes is not bosozoku I guess by exact definition, but it is pretty much known as that here in the US. Besides, its not spelled "yankee" its "Yanki." Yankee is a professional baseball team in New York.

anyways his piping is nicely done, I remember when i saw it, it was mandrel bent and not like a choppy, hole in the wall muffler shop job.

11. Caoboy

Caoboy New Member

All you fools crying about what's this or that, just remember this.

WE didn't start anything. WE are following a big scene in Japan.

WE don't trend set anything, with the exception of American Muscle.

This exhaust looks stupid. IMO.

This exhaust, is a trendy yankee style car. However it's spelled is however we feel like it. I've seen it spelled both ways in Japan. Leave it as it is, don't turn it into another 'omg it's not bippu or boso or yanki but yankee' thread.

And yes, the reason I quoted and laughed at that quote, was because he's acting like he's setting the trend, when in reality, he's only copying some trend from japan, and bringing it to the states. I don't think that's trend setting. That's emulating.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2008
  12. OG

OG Active Member

to me personally that s**t is ugly and he definitely didn't start any trend, but i can see where hes coming from since nobody in the states is doing that.

but there is nothing keeping us from being trendsetters. sure the style is from japan, but we can, and probably do, influence the style.

13. firelizard

firelizard VSC Super Moderator

Ugh.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who hates this new trend of "boso style" everything, when it's just big ass pipes sticking out, and no bosozoku in sight.

14. driftvip

driftvip New Member

This tread is going no where, So i PM'd him. and this is what he said:

hey what's up man. thanks for sendin me the link. I acctually saw it already. makes me laff. people scramble around over other peoples stuff. personally everyone has their own opinion, and I didn't put those pipes on to please anyone. I did it just for fun, knowing a lot of people are going to have mixed feelings about it. people can hate them, and I could careless so whatever. I'm a type of person that likes to see people's reactions towards nonconformity.

and the stuff about the tredsetters. I wrote that as a general statement for all custom car builders. not really meant to stamp myself with that label. if it were a personal title I would have written "I'm the tredsetter" or " the trendsetter"
    but yah people make me laff.

15. elpresidente

Sounds nice and cocky. Hahaha. To me what he said is a cover...but whatever. You guys know that it's rare when Caoboy and I agree on something...but it definitely appears we're on the same side of the fence on this one. I've seen other people do that before as well. There was a few guys who did it on other chassis's not related to vip which is also how it is in Japan (local drift guys and others in Cali). It's not a vip thing. Even the largest of pipes weren't that big as far as vip goes, but there were guys doing extreme builds that were a combination of styles..but not truly labeled as vip. Just too many people in the US think they have a grasp on something that they don't really understand in full. And often times if they see it in a magazine they think it MUST be vip styled..when really the photographer and editor thought it was interesting to see the car at a vip meet. Usually they'll say a little something about it to show their surprise to having seen it.

The thing is, I don't want people confusing the styles and disrespecting those who started them..Japan. As long as you build something that you've seen somewhere else...you're not the trend setter. When you build something that no one has seen before and it catches on..then you are a trend setter..if it doesn't catch on, well, you're an idiot (back to the drawing board). Hahaha...

16. driftvip

driftvip New Member

Well truthfully, no one really said that he was VIP. You are the one who is giving him that label. I haven't seen him post on this forum, and i haven't talk to him in person. but his video never claims for him to be VIP, bosozoku, or even Yankee as you like to say, and seem to be over anal about people getting it right. maybe he is just covering up, but nice and cocky is what you sound like. seems as if you think you are a VIP god of some sort. you and your significant other caoboy, no offense, just seems as if you guys like to hold hands. I am known to be blunt as well as you are (so you claim in your profile). but seems as if yo have somewhat of a respect issue, and misunderstanding of what other people like to do with their cars. So.. you have vanden plaus jag... nice, clean, cool looking I'm sure. But going by the guidelines of this forum, a jag isn't really VIP. now im sure others may call it vip inspired, but if I were to look around at the "true platforms" a jag wont necessarily fall under that category. Now I'm not saying you aren't doing anything wrong, i have seen pictures of VIP Jags in japan. I'm just saying if you can do something different with VIP styles or whatever to your car, then so can anyone. Even the guys who rock legends, and IS350s. Don't get all upset because I'm saying this stuff. I just want to point out the fact that anyone can do whatever they want to their cars, and truthfully if you don't like it, who really gives a shit, except yourself, and you big ass ego. Maybe you should start a new class At the University of Hawaii all about VIP, and you can be the professor, and teach everyone all day about your views and you can show everyone your car and let them all give you high fives to boost your self confidence, it really sounds like you think you know so much about this stuff, and you try to be a leader, when it really doesn't matter, people can do whatever they want.

17. driftvip

driftvip New Member

Caoboy, just wondering what kinda car are you driving? Got any pictures? Sounds like you have a clean car.

18. elpresidente

I never said he was vip. Get your facts straight. If I mention gay and your name in the same sentence but I don't call you gay...does it make you gay? If I came from your school of thinking it would. See how that makes no sense?

I also see you think Caoboy and I are in cahoots somehow..that couldn't be further from the truth. Maybe you haven't been around the forums long enough...which I see from your profile is the case.

If someone in another country started to get facts mixed up about your language and culture..would you find it disrespectful or wrong? Apparently not.

I give respect...to people who deserve it and whom respect me in return. Be an ass to me..well, I'm probably not going to have respect for you.

Also..if you get out from under the rock you're under you'll see that times have changed since the 90's and that includes vip as well. What went then doesn't go necessarily go now. That's in the process of being changed btw in the vip101 and top of the forums. Notice you said my car wasn't vip...and then said "i have seen pictures of VIP Jags in japan." So which is it? People can do whatever they want...and they do. There ARE basic "guidlines" to follow according to the style and the current trends in Japan. We are emulating THEIR style.

If you want to challenge what I know then fine. Go ahead. I don't care either. I don't have quite as big an ego as you think I have. I get this on a regular basis from people who try to talk like they know and then get salty when they are corrected..and it's not just by me. If you're blunt, then you can also handle the criticism...just as I can. So you said what you did..who cares right? Isn't that how you put it? You think everyone is going to listen to you now that you've tried to check me? Haha..dude, no one cares. It's not going to change me one bit. I am who I am..I have knowledge because I like to learn. I'm continuously learning. Do I get things wrong sometimes..yes. And I admit them. I could have just copped out..erased your post and given you an infraction..but I'm not that kind of guy. If I was..then I'd be the guy you tried to describe. Have a nice week...

19. SikNLow

SikNLow Awesome VSC Administrator

THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED......driftvip CHECK YOUR PM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.