Plastic inner fender liner Y33 rubbing

Discussion in 'Exterior' started by jubei07, Oct 9, 2007.

1. jubei07

jubei07 New Member

Guys, I am on springs and struts have started to go bad in the front. Recently I have switched the front tires from FK452 to Nexen, I assume the the tires are slightly wider than FK452's because I hear rubbing while taking a turn hard or going over dips in the road. I know most of you guys ride lower than I do, my question is did you all do modifications to your inner plastic fender liners (front) to prevent the rubbing noise or did you guys take out the inner plastic fender liner.

2. antbo

antbo New Member

i just got a heat gun and a damp towel. heated the plastic to where it was getting soft and used a damp towel to push/mold it up to the fender.

3. widebody_Q

widebody_Q VSC Super Moderator

If your low enough then remove it since you cant see it anyway

4. jubei07

jubei07 New Member

Yeah I did that on my s13 and I had water and sand all in my door jam. If I didn't have good seals on my turn signals and headlights they would have been filled with water. LOL. Not sure if I wanna go that route yet.

5. OG

OG Active Member

i've always takin mine all the way out and had that same problem, but recently i saw the solution; you cut the fender liner so that the door jamb is protected but take the top/front out completely. makes sense to me.

6. PANCAKES!

PANCAKES! Most hated - DIVA...!

I was talkin to monopolzic (sp?) about this last week cause I have the same problem and his Q is one of the lowest on hear. He suggested that I remove the to of the liner and leave the rear liner. The front of my liner has already been removed because the paint shop left it loose and it melted away while driving, so I just need to remove the top liner. I'll probably do this when I install my HID fogs sometime this week/end. Also make sure ALL your push tabs are in. I replaced all my missing ones and that made a hell of a difference! Also mono suggested to inspect the tire where it's rubbing and remove what ever in the way! A friend of my is in the process of invinting a new liner for the Q so hopefully that works out, but that's no time soon!
    :pat:
    If you go low enough you are always gonna have some kinda rubbing issue, but you can always turn up your music and act like it not there! That's what I do! :biggthumpup:

7. lash56

lash56 New Member

really, it works!!!! hahaha

8. widebody_Q

widebody_Q VSC Super Moderator

rubbing is the worst sound when its comming from your car. Not so bad when its not your car lol.