New Sportmax's. (56k no bueno)

Discussion in 'VIP 101' started by Ubernathan, Sep 16, 2008.

1. vzuptnguyen

vzuptnguyen New Member

oh wow. u got ripped off pretty bad man. those are about $400 online.

2. Ubernathan

Ubernathan Guest

where? I worked for NTB for 2 years and ive never seen them anywhere for that cheap. Unless you happened to find some on ebay or something.

3. dropzone

dropzone Guest

I agree. At edgeracing.com they are $169 each for 19s. But we learn though, how long did you search around for the best deal? Like a year ago on the forum I normally be at through the sponsor section I could of had a set of 504's shipped for $625. I don't know of any forums you're on but the sponsor/vendor sections definitely have some good deals. Now that you have the wheels on I want to see when this car gets low. The photoshop is such a tease.

4. Ubernathan

Ubernathan Guest

Here's the breakdown

Fronts-$171.99 ea.
    Rears-$175.99 ea.
    F Tires-$115.14 ea.
    R Tires-$135.57 ea.
    Spline lugs-$39.99
    Installation-$71.96 total
    Tax-$108.45
    Shop Fees-$5.04

Total-$1422.82

and dropzone, you're telling me...I have that picture set as my desktop background, and it just taunts me every time I open my laptop, like "Come on, do it. You won't."

5. vzuptnguyen

vzuptnguyen New Member

ohhh u included the tire cost. well that makes it much better.

i think they car would look a lot better if you painted the wheels silver.

6. Ubernathan

Ubernathan Guest

haha yeah, no way would I ever pay 1400 for those wheels alone. I'd rather buy some SSR Rossettis.....could only afford the 2 fronts for that price though....:signdammit:

7. tjextreme

tjextreme New Member

no offense

no offense man but those rims look like shit...maybe they are ur stle but personally i dont like them on that car..

8. Caoboy

Caoboy New Member

Wow...you could have bought some used rims for 1400 and been peeing your pants with how awesome they are.

9. MaxBoost925

MaxBoost925 New Member

I'd have to agree.

$1400 for Sportmax is way too much.

I bought my whole set for about $700 with tires.

Now my AME's are another story ;)

10. wow... this is an expensive hobby dont cut corners or label vip on anything that has corners cut on it. It will never be understood correctly in the US if this continues..

So lets label this Sporty for Sport maxx.

11. pinoypirate

pinoypirate New Member

I may be new to posting on this forum, but i agree. vip projects take time, money (quite a bit for the most part) and patience. but if these are the wheels you wanted then congrats to you.

12. Ubernathan

Ubernathan Guest

well thanks for all the input, good and bad. FTR, I wasn't labeling my car vip with these on it, not close at all. I didn't expect them to even compete with Weds or AME wheels, I think they'll look nice when I drop it, but eventually they will be on craigslist and swapped for some SSR Rossetti's

13. JN.FYC

JN.FYC VSC Super Moderator

For $1400 i would rather get some fake ass BBS LM's :dance:...

Jokes, haha

14. jdmerik05

jdmerik05 New Member

i love to see ka9 in the mix but i have too agree with the other not an fan of the sportmax choice but it could work itself if you lower it try the tsx full coilover setup using your top hat if you cant get air now

Last edited: Oct 2, 2008
  15. Ubernathan

Ubernathan Guest

thats what I was always curious about jdmerik, I saw that you could use TSX coilovers on the KA9 but I wasnt sure about what all else you need. Also with G1 legend forks you can run suspension made for the KA7/KA8 legends too. But air should be coming definitely soon, within a couple months no doubt.