New Sportmax's. (56k no bueno)

Discussion in 'VIP 101' started by Ubernathan, Sep 16, 2008.

1. Ubernathan

Ubernathan Guest

Ok guys, finally got the somewhat controversial sportmax's on and got some time to take semi-respectable, non-cellphone pictures. I have to say, I really like them (I'm just high on gold wheels...), so let me know what you all think about em, whether it's good or bad!

I had a lot more, but I could only put up 10.

Let's begin, sorry about the waterspots on my wheels and my filthy windows...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. firelizard

firelizard VSC Super Moderator

Hm...

What prompted your decision to choose Sportmaxs as your first mod?

3. boosted_teg817

boosted_teg817 New Member

looks pretty sweet! now Slam it!!

4. Brandicus

Brandicus VSC Super Duper Mod

why did you stretch your tires when your that high off the ground? are you planning to drop it sometime soon?

5. Ubernathan

Ubernathan Guest

firelizard, actually I'm not really sure what made me go with them...other than the tires that were on the car when I bought it were worn out haha. I've always been drawn to them, but just never actually had anything that they would work with. Before I bought my RL, a 96 RL came into the shop where I worked and for a split second I got a vision I guess you could say, I saw a white RL with gold 19s on air with tint and I think a small lip kit...so I'm just trying to build that car that I saw in my head...lol kind of a wierd explanation, sorry. I think they really turned out quite nicely on the car though, a lot nicer than I would have expected.

6. Ubernathan

Ubernathan Guest

yeah, hopefully very soon it will be on air.

7. JOee

JOee New Member

ehhh, i'll have to see it dropped before i can make an opinion. I personaly would think a darker gold would look better. About sportmax in general, they are def not VIP, but they might look good with a drop on your car.

8. Ubernathan

Ubernathan Guest

yeah, I was debating on doing air or wheels first, but i needed tires badly

9. The Avalon

The Avalon New Member

Do it! Get the bags! Drop that sh!t yo! New wheels look fine. Progress looks good. Good luck w further mods...

10. nizzan4u2nv

nizzan4u2nv Member

Its ok. It wouldnt looks so bad if it didnt look like you were about to off-roading. The wheels arent that bad, especially for the price. I had a set of those for beaters on another car.

11. vip tint+glass

vip tint+glass Active Member

looks like theyll fit good once you drop it

12. SikNLow

SikNLow Awesome VSC Administrator

nice car! and that tire stretch is nice.... on the wheels themselves i'll just hold my tongue. :slap:

13. VipDout

VipDout Active Member

They look like they will be flush when slammed thou .

14. VI IX

VI IX Active Member

IMO i'd roll stock before rolling that high... no offense, but when it comes to rims, i wouldn't rock them until i can have a desireable ride height. even if they were expensive ass VIP rims. otherwise you just look like someone who doesnt know what he's doing and picked up the first set of rims on the shelf. other than that, i always liked white on gold... i think it'll look pretty nice when its dumped. have someone chop the photo for you to get a better idea of how you'd like it to be finished. but until then, good luck with everything else.

15. MaxBoost925

MaxBoost925 New Member

[​IMG]

I've been there.

Great offset. Cheap wheels.

You should sell the sportmax's and get some real VIP wheels.

16. zion_97

zion_97 Banned

Long time no post but thought I would help in your vision.
    [​IMG]

if you make it like this I am sure you will draw attention and if you are able to get some new kicks that are more of a a VIP flavor it would be cherries on top.

GL

17. kaizer

kaizer New Member

Err... U misalign the wheel when u slam it... the toe is way out at the rear. Surely it's gonna be a tire killer ;)

18. Damicci

Damicci VSC Super Moderator

I am on the fence, I hate those wheels for VIP for 2 reasons, They are cheap wheels designed for the quick buck.
    [​IMG]
    And I despise that double lip shit.

If you can sell them off for the same price I would do that. Just my .02

But to keep this post from being completely negative, the fitment looks good so when you lower it should keep an aggressive stance.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2008
  19. jbo

jbo VSC Super Moderator

Yeah you should've waited imo :shrug: most here sort out the suspension and save for nicer better fitting wheels...you could have rolled slammed on stockies and been more respected for your choice...the car is clean though and has lots of potential cant wait to see it done right...sorry if I seem harsh again its just my opinion

20. Vip619

Vip619 New Member

I like the way zion made your car look but instead of the regular black tint I would go with a 20-35% green tint I think it would set your car off imo......:dance: