New Rims on the Y34!

Discussion in 'Infiniti/Nissan' started by JadeY34, May 5, 2008.

1. chrispy

chrispy Active Member

Speaking from experience, just go for the suspension you want in the first place. So you don't have to pay twice. Also pearl white always costs more to paint. Might be more cost effective to just wait until you can get a body kit to paint everything.

2. Ubiquity

Ubiquity New Member

Could be kinda risky painting the plastic pieces, since it is white and its hard to match completely. Wait for a body kit IMO

3. JadeY34

JadeY34 New Member

I dont mind rolling the springs for a while since I also got them really cheap and I have some great friends with a shop who will install it for cheap.

On the painting of the plastic parts, unless i get the sweet hookup from a friend or sponsor then I will be waiting until I get a body kit.

4. VipDout

VipDout Active Member

Nice rims for the car .. and the new photo shop will help you attain your goal

5. actolex

actolex New Member

Amazing what painting the bottom trim can do for the car !!!

Gotta' love those Y34's....=)

6. guymx83

guymx83 New Member

pain in the ass to match colors. so if they do good work. just pay them up... and yes...

Skaper has the winning pictures.

7. JadeY34

JadeY34 New Member

I wish tuning the car was as easy as using photoshop.

[​IMG]

8. wish it was machine polished rather than chrome.

9. JadeY34

JadeY34 New Member

That was what I wanted but since these were the last set in the country and the line was being discontinued I got them at a ridiculous deal from my buddy who works for the importer.

10. RaCinStylez

RaCinStylez VSC Super Moderator

now thas gang*

11. jubei07

jubei07 New Member

Jade, nice platform to start with. I am from Jacksonville, FL. It's good to see another Floridian on the site. LOL. Isn't there a car crew out in Orlando called Jade Motorsports? I vaguely recall seeing some of their rides before and maybe on deepvison. Hopefully you'll be dropping that thing soon. If your in J'ville holla at me.

12. JadeY34

JadeY34 New Member

Yup Im from Jade. Used to have the Mroadster, then the 911 Targa now im trying my hand at VIP.

Mods: Is it ok to post a link to my clubs website?

Thanks!!!

13. Skaper

Skaper New Member

:biggthumpup: yup

14. JadeY34

JadeY34 New Member

Check us out:

We are Jade Crew out of orlando. We mainly have tuer cars but I have always had euros and am now trying the VIP thang. I had the 911 and the mroadster. There are also some hotties on there.

http://www.jadecrew.com

15. //935GS400

//935GS400 VSC Super Moderator

daym u guys got some sick cars. I like the NSX. cant wait to see your car up to par w/ them.

16. JadeY34

JadeY34 New Member

Thanks,

Here are my two previous projects:
    My widebody 911 Targa
    http://jadecrew.com/james_widebody_targa.php
    [​IMG]

My old Mroadster:
    [​IMG]

17. JadeY34

JadeY34 New Member

Ok so the best price I got for the painting of the sides and rear is $580. Since the paint is a 3 stage pearl thats not too bad.

Here is my dilema, I hope to be able to get a kit in about a year or more. Should I pay the money to have this done now, even though its going to be covered up or replaced when the kit gets here?

The kit is about 3g's plus 1500 to paint and convincing the wife on that will take a while...hehehhe

18. ZoO

ZoO Member

depends on how long it willl take to get the kit on. and think if that time frame is it worth the $580.

19. JadeY34

JadeY34 New Member

Its looking like 12 months till i get the kit in and on.

20. perzbenz

perzbenz New Member

IMO, just dgaf about the front, rear and sides for now since youre getting a kit. no point wasting money. unless you like to waste money.