new lips from tunershop.com?

Discussion in 'Wheels and Suspension' started by alpha, Dec 27, 2009.

1. alpha

alpha New Member

any one dealt with them?
    im thinking of redoing my lorinsers as offsets are weak and simply spacers wont sort anything.
    i had a look on prices and they are pretty good.
    for 4 lips it will cost me 1200usd which is just over 17hundy nz over here, i know i know i can buy more decent wheels fro that price, but i got them for dirt cheap, so why not, and they look good too.

now another question is whats the difference between stainless steel lips and aluminium? i know AL will be lighter etc, but what about finish?and how strong they are?

thanks

2. Yokotas13

Yokotas13 Banned

yeah....i woudlnt do it
    id just get new wheels unless you have some sort of a hardon for loriners

3. PureDrifter

PureDrifter New Member

stainless steel lips are somewhat heavier but much stronger and resistant (somewhat, they're not bulletproof) against curbing and bending. the infamous radinox wheels have ss (can't remember which type) folded lips and are ridiculously strong.

4. alpha

alpha New Member

its not like i have a hard on for them , but i do like them, plus i bought them to actually restore em...but since they are pretty weak when it comes to fitment i thought just to get new lips and polish up centres...
    well we see how we go with funds and all that...maybe i will endup with some 19s later on next year

5. G33kY97

G33kY97 New Member

post up a picture of how they look now...

6. alpha

alpha New Member

7. charley240sx

charley240sx New Member

id try new lips. but those wheels are really nice. old school semi-dish design.
    goodluck
    Charley

8. beangrower

beangrower New Member

friend of mine got two lips for his RS's. looks great. he never installed them yet though. i'll let u know what he says.

9. alpha

alpha New Member

that would be great, thanks!

10. illtuck

illtuck Member

new wheels imo

11. OG

OG Active Member

i've seen some rs rebuilt with tuner shop lips. look good and solid repuatation. personally i would go stainless not only for strength but for easy upkeep. i think those wheels are unique enough to rebuild IF you are in love with them but i think you are going to be unpleasently surprised when/if you try to order replacments anyway. what makes you think any of the ts lips will fit?

12. alpha

alpha New Member

they make custom ones, thats why they will fit:)
    just gota take em apart and get all the measurements and they will make it from there.

they are quiet unique over here in new zealand, well you do see them sometimes on a merc...
    VIP is slowly creepin up into here and i see lots of euroline DH's and replicas floating around, and to be honest i kinda cant imagine my car on anything else really.
    i thought pretty hard and was thinking about 19s or maybe just another 18s with more agressive offsets,widths.
    but since i got lorinsers for dirt cheap i thought why not to rebuild em, well i can just get them fixed and then put some spacers at the back and leave it... but im just not sure lol...i just confused myself way to much...
    its all in the money i guess at this stage, gota wait and see

13. OG

OG Active Member

cool... didn't know they did one-offs. go for it!

14. vip tint+glass

vip tint+glass Active Member

just move the rears to the fronts, and rebuild the fronts with huge lips. that way you only buy 2 lips

15. Caoboy

Caoboy New Member

This.

16. alpha

alpha New Member

good idea but TS lips are different design to the ones i got now...that would look weird i think?

17. OG

OG Active Member

9/10 it would look wierd.

18. alpha

alpha New Member

TS lips
    [​IMG]

my front lip
    [​IMG]

rear lip
    [​IMG]

so my front lip is curved and rear lip is some what stepped curved lip:)
    as you can se TS lips are stepped but very sharp...i dunno if that would work very well if i use my rear lip on front and TS stepped lip on rears...
    but then again now i have 2 different lips, and lots of people running different lips front/back...
    i can try but we shall see mid this year how i go

19. vip tint+glass

vip tint+glass Active Member

yo the faces are diff too. i think ur front faces arent meant for a step lip, only reverse

20. alpha

alpha New Member

so im out of luck for fronts? unless i can find reversed lip?