New Guy 1GS from San Diego

Discussion in '101 Builds' started by six1nina, Nov 10, 2011.

1. six1nina

six1nina New Member

Whaddup everybody! I had my 1995 gs300 for a while now but finally got some rims and decided to join. I am on chopped intrax springs with black housing headlights, and yellow capsule fog lights. Just picked up some 19x8.5 +45 Work VS SD2 wheels, just waiting for tires and spacers. Possible re-lipping later down the road.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. CubanGS

CubanGS New Member

NICE!!! 1. get your fenders rolled for sure!! 2. i suggest 205/35s up front, 215/35s in the rear!! for spacers... looks like your running either a 10mm or a 15mm bolt on... i would suggest maybe a 35mm in the front to start but you wont be able to accommodate anything really until you do the first 2 things!! goodluck with the build!!!!!!

3. nizzan4u2nv

nizzan4u2nv Member

Welcome. I think ive met you before.

4. six1nina

six1nina New Member

Thanks for the greet and tips CubanGS. I just slapped on the rims in the first pic for a test fit but im not on any spacers yet. The rims are a non-staggered set but I couldn't pass up on the price.

Thanks nizzan4u2nv, I'm not really sure, can you recall where?

5. nizzan4u2nv

nizzan4u2nv Member

You know cheddie, mikey and darrell? Im darrells homie Rey

6. six1nina

six1nina New Member

Yeah I remember now, I saw you at Darrell's party. O-LAY-CHIT. I think I had you in Ginang's class way back at Bell.

7. nizzan4u2nv

nizzan4u2nv Member

Probably wasn't me cause I never had her. Always had mr Lao.

8. six1nina

six1nina New Member

Oh yeah it was mr lao's class with arleigh and deenesh

9. augdogg

augdogg VSC Super Moderator

Welcome to the site. I love the first gen. You will get both good and bad advise here, but just remember to stick to what your vision is and make that happen first. We all had to do that to some degree. Cuban has got a good lock on things IMO.

10. six1nina

six1nina New Member

Thanks augdogg. I've got certain plans for my gs, might be a slow build but I lve getting others' tips and feedback. I'm about to pick up an erebuni/sarona kit for my car next. I'll post up pics when I get the chance.

11. augdogg

augdogg VSC Super Moderator

Nothing wrong with taking your time as long as it's done right. Unfortunately I believe u should stay away from that kit and companies such as that one. If done correctly you will get a very effective outcome without a kit by putting your money into the right suspension and wheel combo. The kit can come later so don't rush this important decision. If you haven't already, drop by Autofashion and get feedback on styles and brands to choose. Your vision can be realized in the right direction.

12. six1nina

six1nina New Member

Thanks for the tip, I've done some searching on here and read about the kit and its poor quality. I'll just try to save up for some suspensions. I'd rather get the aristo front bumper than a whole kit anyway. At first, i just thought the whole erebuni kit would be worth 300

13. six1nina

six1nina New Member

Just picked up an aristo front bumper (no fogs though), grill and headlights from promax motorsports in alhambra. headlights and grill are on just waiting for the paint to dry on the bumper. Pics will be up soon.

14. Juzzo

Juzzo VSC Super Moderator

I bet the Aristo headlights are a little yellow'ish? If they haven't been polished by the previous owner it's an easy fix, and will make 'em look 10x better. Just use some fine sanding paste and finish off with a good polishing wax :biggthumpup:

15. six1nina

six1nina New Member

Thanks for the tip Juzzo, imma try that out. That as seen on tv cleaner didnt work that good on my lenses.

16. six1nina

six1nina New Member

I havent picked up any fog lights or tires yet but here are some recent pictures. Oh and Merry Christmas to all!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]