My whip 91 legend

Discussion in 'Other Vehicles...' started by L3GDKANG/JDM-KANG, Jun 30, 2011.

1. L3GDKANG/JDM-KANG

L3GDKANG/JDM-KANG New Member

Well there's low light in this room so pics don't do this justice as its the same color of the as the whole car is being repainted.

Yep yep and more to come!

2. Oyabun

Oyabun New Member

Updates???

3. L3GDKANG/JDM-KANG

not at the moment been working so i havent had time to go and check on it as my boy who is painting it is wanting to take his time and do it right. so i agreed and i cant be mad at him but more worrk is to come.

4. MrCeddyP

MrCeddyP Member

Hey Willie! It's David from the Legend and A-P forums. Just stopping by to tell you to continue to keep up the excellent work you constantly put in bro!

5. L3GDKANG/JDM-KANG

thanks man and im trying to get over there for updated pics but these 7 days a week are killing me lol.

6. JUICEDW140

JUICEDW140 New Member

Sneak pic?

7. MrCeddyP

MrCeddyP Member

LOL but those 7 days a week are the main reason that made this project all happen! Take your time man, we're just here anxiously awaiting the final product, we'll always be here for ya for support! Just keep doing your thing for us Legend guys :biggthumpup:

8. L3GDKANG/JDM-KANG

will do and those a spec look sick on your ka9!

9. MrCeddyP

MrCeddyP Member

LOL Ah shucks you don't have to lie to me. I know i'm balling on a budget here hahaha! Honestly, i'm just a sucker for anything the typical 5 spoke and chrome was just a bonus, now it's going to be difficult for me to switch to some real VIP wheels since i'm soo attached to these. Btw; Did Value Sports ever make a kit for the KA7?

10. L3GDKANG/JDM-KANG

yes they did they made the type 1 and the type 2 is what its called i can get pics if you want? ive never seen the ka9 with the a specs so it's a way diff look for the car trust me!

11. MrCeddyP

MrCeddyP Member

Hm..i ask because i saw the vigor kit from Value and my jaw dropped instantly so i was just curious on how the legend's side looks. Sure, post them! And what, no one's attempted the Aspecs on a KA9 yet, strange.... but yes thanks for the compliment. Currently, i'm just trying to focus on decking out with tons of accessories haha! But here is how she looks as of current ;)

[​IMG]

12. L3GDKANG/JDM-KANG

as far as i know no one did them a spects on a ka9 but you sofar, its a clean look im diggin the pic. value sport makes a kit for the ka9 also.

13. MrCeddyP

MrCeddyP Member

Even though you say that, i will still keep on the DL until someone else rocks the same set up and then you can vouch for me =) I will probably end up choosing my lip/kit before i drop my car, because i've chosen 50 series tires to fill my fender gap and these wheels' appearance and offsets to hold me down for a while before i jump the VIP deep dish boat. By the way, which arm and leg did you give up for that admiration kit? :bowrofl: Wish i had that type of $$$ lol

14. L3GDKANG/JDM-KANG

The kit I got dirt cheap but I paid almost 2k to get it shipped to me lol. Yea I can't wait until all this body work is done

15. MrCeddyP

MrCeddyP Member

Damn, you gotta love that Japanese shipping especially the prices! I don't mind paying 1k for a kit, but cottdamn i find paying that amount for shipping is out of league :sad: Hey Willie, i had a question about the KA9's. Were the japanese KA9 Legends equipped with woodgrain steering wheels? I'm trying to get a direct JDM bolt on instead of trying to retrofit an MDX one.

16. L3GDKANG/JDM-KANG

yes they did they are nice too. but as far as the shipping you only live once lol. in japan they charge by how much space you take up where here its by the weight and space lol.

17. MrCeddyP

MrCeddyP Member

True, you only live once gotta enjoy it, but this time you got the spotlight! Maybe someday i'll actually do what i've just said lmaoo Are you rolling with a wood steering, i don't recall seeing in your parts list? I've just set a request into CraftCustoms for a quote to have mines done in dark burlwood and see how that goes. If it seems pricey, then i might as well just order then JDM variant rather than a custom.

18. L3GDKANG/JDM-KANG

its gonn abe around 700 from them and yes im going wood steering wheel i put my mugen 1 up and having a custom 1 made.

19. MrCeddyP

MrCeddyP Member

Haha i just got quoted around there. Hm...i might as well just try to source one if that's the case...and my journey begins. By the way, YOU HAVE A MUGEN ONE!?!?!

20. L3GDKANG/JDM-KANG

Yep I have a mugen steering wheel for a legend. I have 1 of the largest jdm legend collections in the USA.