My W126 500SEC. Any ideas?

Discussion in 'Euros' started by StreekG, Feb 10, 2008.

1. StreekG

StreekG New Member

Hey guys, i sold my C123 280CE a few months back due to becoming a serious money pit of stuff to fix up, so i bought a good second gen 500SEC W126 and sold the 123 afterwards. All i've done on the car so far is the sound system, some work to the exhaust system for a nice sound, and a K&N filter. I have eibach springs on the way soon, hopefully after i get back from my holiday next week sometime.

Any ideas guys on what i should do aside. I like the wheels on it currently, but am looking for something else too... not sure what though.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    and the exhaust
    [youtube]cmzp6W_2IVA[/youtube]

Last edited: Feb 10, 2008
  2. DriftGirl

DriftGirl Banned

gotta love the old Benz coupes! :runcoold:

if it were mine id do Euroline DH in 19's. It kinda keeps with the old school style of the car but updated at the same time, being bigger and having a more aggressive offset and stance.

cant go wrong with that car...classsic:biggthumpup:

3. StreekG

StreekG New Member

The Euroline DH is an awesome wheel that i would love. Just finding a set is what i need to figure out.

4. piolazz

piolazz New Member

i would go bbs le mans 18"....19" looks to big on that car...starts 2 look like a donk..:pat:

...anyway...be carefull wit that baby...don't spoil her...she's a beauty

5. kreasims

kreasims New Member

Merc collector & very rare indeed, P plater with S class! :biggthumpup:

6. kreasims

kreasims New Member

19" too big on S class??? :smiley-rofl:

7. ebruce2

ebruce2 New Member

I wanted this car so bad when I was a teenager. Very clean.

While you're waiting for your springs, I would buff the yellowing out of the headlights and fogs.

8. piolazz

piolazz New Member

....sure you can put a 22'' onnit.....and to be exact---it is NOT a s-class,it's a CL,126 SEC

9. kreasims

kreasims New Member

Hahaha. My bad. Did not pay enough attention... Anyhow, 22" is too much....

10. StreekG

StreekG New Member

Thanks guys. I think 19" is a good size, for a big car like the 126, i wouldn't want any bigger though.

ebruce2: i'm planning on spraying that plastic inside the headlights black, like i did with my W123 coupe. Really makes a difference in appearance.

11. chrispy

chrispy Active Member

+1 for some wide Euroline DH's or similar dish style. I love how DH's look on german cars.

12. UberE500

UberE500 New Member

Buddy put the Wald kit on that car, absolutely stunning, just need to mod the w124 coupe for a W126 coupe cause there ain't no kit for the W126 coupe

[​IMG]

13. elpresidente

elpresidente Administrator

How about an AMG kit and euro healights/tails..or a retrofit headlight plus the clear corners? Plus some wheels to maybe look like this chop I just made:
    [​IMG]

I also paint matched the outer portion of the grill.

14. IMO that style benz looks best when left alone.

15. widebody_Q

widebody_Q VSC Super Moderator

Slam it and get some AMG hammers and call it a day.

16. chrispy

chrispy Active Member

I love it. Makes me want to go find myself one of these.

17. StreekG

StreekG New Member

The chop looks awesome! I love it.
    I ordered my Eibach springs today, so i should have the car lowered next week.

18. RollingDeep

RollingDeep New Member

Looking good mate love those whips:runcoold:

here's an idea for you from one of my fave flicks (have to do it for my self one day)

[​IMG]