My RHD Toyota Aristo Build

Discussion in 'Lexus/Toyota' started by juvi22003, Apr 2, 2015.

1. juvi22003

juvi22003 Member

thanks, hopefully sometime soon

2. juvi22003

juvi22003 Member

Sub is in along with some more interior work getting done.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. vip_factory

vip_factory Member

intense build! can't wait to see more!!!

4. juvi22003

juvi22003 Member

Thank you, guess i should post a pic of the trunk done up here

Interior getting done now, then install new hood and after wekfest i plan to make some major changes

[​IMG]

5. jbo

jbo VSC Super Moderator

Superb build...its a beast

6. juvi22003

juvi22003 Member

Thanks !!!

7. juvi22003

juvi22003 Member

Some pics from wekfest Florida where i took 1st best vip

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. JDOX

JDOX New Member

No disrespect to any other builds going on but, this just killed the game. great job man.

9. firelizard

firelizard VSC Super Moderator

Wow, I should check in here more often. That is a lot of crazy bodywork, really nicely done. I'm surprised not more cars are rocking the SerialNine trunk lid, it's really nice. Glad too though, since I like having something less common. I'm sure you do too.

What was up with your first vented hood? Custom steel work like the fenders?

10. polobai

polobai Member

Looks amazing man, gotta see it in person!

Sent from my iPhone using VIPStyleCars

11. sojah

sojah Member

i just looked at all the pics but didn't really notice any comments about how you got that 97 there in the US. nice finished product by the way i love those front fenders/wheels.

12. juvi22003

juvi22003 Member

Haven't been here in a while, but thanks everyone for the compliments. I have listed the car for sale in a few places if i cant get it sell as it is i might be doing some major changes later in the year or parting it out you never know. If anyone interested hit me up on IG or facebook i seem to have a problem here when i try to reply to messages.

In the meantime enjoy some more pics....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. juvi22003

juvi22003 Member

@firelizard Fender are all metal, all custom. Didnt like the quality of the first hood and as for the trunk its ok they could have done better with the lines. I plan to change it anyway and put back on my oem trunk with a wing if i cant get the car sold.

14. sojah

sojah Member

is the car legal to register and drive in the US?

15. juvi22003

juvi22003 Member

@sojah, the car is registered and insure. Its not 25yr as yet but its pretty much a Lexus Gs. I haven't had problems at all driving it around....

16. sojah

sojah Member

i think you are just really lucky if it is in fact a real aristo from the jdm land. I used to own a 99GS400 so I know the car, and now I live in japan and have a couple friends with that exact car so I am very familiar with it. but I think you are just extremely lucky personally. seems like someone imported it to Canada and legally registered it then brought it into the US and quasi legally registered it. since it is so close to the stateside GS I think this is how they got it to pass without too many questions, but if this had been a skyline or some other rare jdm car it prolly would have raised some additional questions. since stateside insurance companies and dmv's have the lexus GS already in their systems seems like it was an easy hack.

17. timmy0tool

timmy0tool Member

certain states like arizona and florida have ways to legalize japanese domestic market vehicles. in canada it is very easy! i've had luck doing so in cali where i'm from too, but it takes months of prep work and knowing all the appropriate things to take care of, ALL legal btw! you just need to have deep pockets as testing is not cheap...

conversions to RHD are most common in california, since it's more direct without actually having to legalize a car. of course it would not be an authentic car at that point. i can go on and on, but will cease for the sake of this thread.

love this build, something lots of us dream of doing to a real-deal aristo!

18. sojah

sojah Member

not trying to be a pain, as I once tried to bring my own car from japan to the states and found it very difficult if not impossible since I failed to find a way, so I am passionate about the subject since I want to do it again presently. however the aristo is nowhere on the list of approved vehicles for importation into the US http://www.nhtsa.gov/cars/rules/import/ you can check the updates list for yourself. therefore it is supposed to be 25 years old in order to be exempt from the list, or you have to supply them with 3 for crash testing, and when it passes then the vehicle would be added to the list above is the way it was explained to me...

other companies in CA have been arrested and charged with very steep legal fees since they were not being truthful recently.

so if you don't mind explaining the process Timmy0tool, I would love to hear it so I can hopefully bring back my Majesta :D

19. timmy0tool

timmy0tool Member

sojah, you are right you will need a few cars to crash test in order to make it on that list. i learned all of this through a friend who worked for a company here in cali that was importing RHD accord wagons into the states. the main clientele were mail carriers from rural states, but of course the cars imported went through stringent crash and smog testing (converted to OBDII for example), as well as retrofitting of dash cluster to MPH among others. of course they were doing so in bulk which made the process worth it for them. this was easy bc USDM accord wagon parts swapped over easily.

i am not surprised to see that the aristo is not on there since it's not a common car imported in. the majesta will be even harder to bring over since there is no US counterpart. the main parts, beyond passing smog regulations alone, is all the DOT regulations they impose. all cars must meet them such as bumper, lights, and glass standards which most JDM cars need heavy rework to get it right. then you'll need to contact the DMV to get the VIN numbers into the system as they do not exist in our country. this company was able to utilize the OEM JDM VINs to register the cars with california plates.

i am aware of what motorex did in the past, among other companies out there and yes there is always lots of short cutting involved to expedite the process, but really to get it all done legally you will need to spend lots of money, and it's very possible. if there is a will, there is a way! someone just needs to fork out the dough to crash test S15 silvias, majestas, and whatever JDM car you want stateside.

20. MoWGLi

MoWGLi Member

There is a huge difference between state legal and federal legal. This car is state legal and NOT federally legal. If you ever get in an accident, you better eat the cost and not report it. Insurance companies will report cars to DHS and they will come and seize the vehicle.