My official introduction to VSC and my 460...

Discussion in 'Lexus/Toyota' started by adamls2, Jan 21, 2013.

1. adamls2

adamls2 New Member

Hello VSC community, I thought I would officially introduce myself since I'm getting more into the VIP scene, and share a few pics of what I'm working on for my 460. I recently scooped up some Maya RTVs for a great price and test fitted them to see how the fitment roughly is since it's way more aggressive than my previous setup. I'm just waiting on coilovers to arrive and shave the fenders to get the fitment right. The car is on lowering springs right now, but it needs MOAR low for sure. Certainly will be addressed with BCR's coils with the extreme drop kit :D Anyways, here are some pics of the test fitting and some other stuff...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Can't forget the hub rings :D
    [​IMG]
    Also put in new LED map lights.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also have new rotors and ceramic pads to throw on...
    [​IMG]

I also have electronic cutouts on the car...
    [​IMG]
    Cold start with it open...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TASBkBo7Lgg
    Complimation video of it...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FEW_s9bb_M

My car can't compare to some of the other ballin' 460's on this site, but I'll make an effort to fit in :)

Thanks for looking and stay tuned for more!

Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
  2. HangLoose

HangLoose New Member

Damn, nice car and even more so nice freaking house! I say you should go bags to lay frame nicely, you have awesome everything, so why not add on to that.

3. sojah

sojah Member

hmm,, nice setup thus far, i'm sure it will just keep getting better and better with a start like this...

i'm interested in this electronic cut out action you got going on. who, what, how, how much, how permanent is it? i really want this type of setup on mines but not sure if they have anything like this in japan or how easy it would be to get it installed out here. is that a kit you bought or what? thanks for the info.

4. Dranom

Dranom VSC Super Moderator

hahaha! love the exhaust sound!

5. mrbrian8

mrbrian8 Member

+1 on cut out very nice thus far

6. Donraja

Donraja Member

Nice 460! Good luck with the build!

7. adamls2

adamls2 New Member

Thanks... Iv'e definitely thought about going with an air setup, but I don't think I would do it anytime soon for a number or reasons.
    Thanks...it's all custom. Basically, the parts needed are two 2" QTP electronic cutouts, two 2" U-band pipes, remote switch, and 2 flanges. I had a local speed shop fabricate it all together. PM me for more info.
    Thanks everyone...

8. adamls2

adamls2 New Member

I got the rotors and pads on today....Thanks to Adam'sRotors for the awesome oem design!!
    [​IMG]

9. MaxiNone

MaxiNone New Member

i really like those wheels

10. jbo

jbo VSC Super Moderator

Looking very good so far Im a huge fan of this chassis and look forward to seeing what you come up with...

11. adamls2

adamls2 New Member

Thanks^^^^

12. levie

levie New Member

i absolutely LOVE LS460's, such a great car. Exited to see where this goes and with new suspension, nice work man!

13. Midway-VIP

Midway-VIP New Member

very nice . i want the 600hL but a 460 will do me just as nice .

14. adamls2

adamls2 New Member

Thanks!
    The 600 is definitely more of an elite vehicle, but the 460 is a better platform for modding IMO for a few reasons. You will not be disappointing with either though!

Sojah, PM replied...

15. adamls2

adamls2 New Member

Played around with some plasti dip and had a win/fail situation, hahaha! I tred to blackout the white section in the rear taillights,( inspired by WEKSOS), but it turned out horrible, so I took it off immedietely. I also did the front orange corner section on the headlights, and I think it came out decent, so I left them on for now. I did 3 coats of black and 3 or 4 coats of the glossifier. I will have a proffesional tint them later though... Here are some pics of the mess, hahaha!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. mrbrian8

mrbrian8 Member

Happy you took the rear off fronts are ok but a pro would make it blend better, good effort

17. Dranom

that's kinda ghetto tho. lol

18. adamls2

adamls2 New Member

19. jbo

jbo VSC Super Moderator

way to heavy need something more transparent...

20. Dranom

You need a shop to do that or get it tinted