My first VIP Platform (1998 GS300)

Discussion in '101 Builds' started by Mrs.Rodriguez, Sep 27, 2011.

1. Juzzo

Juzzo VSC Super Moderator

Welcome ma'am =)

So what kinda power figures you had in mind? 'Cause if you aren't going too crazy I'd say your best bet would just be something simple: NA-T with upgraded fuel side and a piggyback. Then just throw a good 'ole R154 under there, it's a lot easier to fit under than the Getrag. So it'll be an easier upgrade and less time(money) consuming.

Just some food for thought... :biggthumpup:

2. Kouki Monster

Kouki Monster New Member

I think I have seen that car before.. A friend of mine had a color similar to that here in Bremerton (washington) It is kind of a rare color as far as I have seen.

But welcome! interested to see in all you put into it. Not many girls into vip movement, let alone in the states.

3. Mrs.Rodriguez

Mrs.Rodriguez New Member

@ Kouki Monster: Yeah, I got the car from some white kid, haha. And he got it from some guy before that? Idk...I traded this coupe i had for it...soo now thats its been *****d around...Its mine. Hahah, I plan on replacing the bumpers, windshield, ligthing, and indash within in the month. It looks reallllllllly rough right now...But thats the fun part right? Before and after.

@Juzzo: True very true! Any build is time consuming! And since this is my daily, I prefer not to drive the type r all the time, I would only like to have it out of order for a short amount of time, since I plan on respraying it too.

I have found a couple motors here and there, but my cousin owns an import company, so within the next year I am going to venture to Japan, for 'Business' and find a couple goodies for myself :)

4. romeo291

romeo291 New Member

yo yo yo, welcome to the forum!

5. selah777

selah777 New Member

kouki youre fronm bremerton?
    I was born at harrison

6. SuicidnS13

SuicidnS13 New Member

Welcome to the board... dont get in over your head with the build and plan it out to a tee from start to finish and it will end up looking/driving nice. If you just start throwing parts, conversions ect into it you will end up hating your results.

You may also want to check out how built autos drive are they are a ton of fun and still practical for daily driving.

7. Mrs.Rodriguez

Mrs.Rodriguez New Member

I am keeping the stock bumpers, and just adding lips, I do not want to get to crazy. Because this is my first VIP, I want to be able to afford to replace anything rather quickly if I do mess something up haha. Im a college kid ballin on a budget.

8. SuicidnS13

SuicidnS13 New Member

"Ballin on a budget" - funniest oxymoron to be said as of lately... Yea there are alot of inexpensive lip options as well as sideskit options. Rear lips not soo much...

9. Mrs.Rodriguez

Mrs.Rodriguez New Member

So would it be a rear lip, or valances?

Haha yeah, I heard it awhile ago and thought it was funny...

10. selah777

selah777 New Member

I would keep it simple at first i.e. wheels and suspension.. and then focus on like aero and other mods

11. Mrs.Rodriguez

Mrs.Rodriguez New Member

Its not so much aero as it is replacing the broken bumpers. And if I am going to get the bumpers now, I may as well get the lips so I have them when I do paint you know? This car needs a lot of TLC, but with time she'll be a neck breaker.

12. Kouki Monster

Kouki Monster New Member

Naw not from bremerton. but moved around a lot around the area. still here though lol! Hard to keep people in this area with cool cars. they keep leavin all the time so hard to get meets. Use to have a lot of sick 240s and skylines and rarities, probably more per capita here than any major city in washington.

13. RITZY33

RITZY33 Member

Not a bad platform for a build and glad to hear your off to a great start!

PS
    Honda's for life! haha
    I have owned several.... pretty much any and every Honda/Acura model from the 88-00 era :biggthumpup: haha

Last edited: Oct 6, 2011
  14. J.kuza

J.kuza New Member

Welcome to Vsc and we need more VIP girls! =)

15. Mrs.Rodriguez

Mrs.Rodriguez New Member

Damn! Haha, me too.I have had over 30 cars in the last few years...though my favorites were my rhd dc2, my si, my ek hatch, and my current and never getting rid of my py itr...I just dislike DA's...but I have had them.

16. Mrs.Rodriguez

Mrs.Rodriguez New Member

I know a couple girls, that are single, into cars haha

17. RITZY33

RITZY33 Member

Nice resume of cars baller haha, but why do people hate on DA's ? Lol my personal fav but I can understand since I have the same distaste for EF's lol...but yea I'm working towards a nsx sometime in the near future, then I'll be complete :biggthumpup:

18. Mrs.Rodriguez

Mrs.Rodriguez New Member

Lol yeah...I love me some honda ! But i like culture of 'VIP'...its rather interesting and more disclosed than the 'jdm' thing,.

19. Nite_Grind

Nite_Grind New Member

Welcome to VSC Miss. Cant wait to see the progress.

20. Mrs.Rodriguez

Mrs.Rodriguez New Member

[​IMG]

Before

[​IMG]

After