LS430 from Kansas

Discussion in '101 Builds' started by illest, Dec 26, 2012.

1. illest

illest New Member

Hardly post...but I'm always on here creepin..=).
    Sold the TL..picked up an LS about 2 months ago now..

[​IMG]
    this was my old car...

and the new beasty project on it's way..
    [​IMG]
    her first fill up...
    [​IMG]
    badge-less grille install
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    and the stuff starts to arrive..... also just got my accuair and ilevel components..debating if I still want to keep the wheels I just got or not..
    [​IMG]

2. mrbrian8

mrbrian8 Member

Nice pick up and welcome creeper lol

3. SumYungM35

SumYungM35 New Member

Excited about this build. TL looking like it was well built so lets hope this LS is more of the same and welcome btw

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

4. gh0st

gh0st New Member

Keep us updated!

5. DKJZZ30

DKJZZ30 New Member

Looks good so far. Get the wheels on and air in and show us some more :)

6. illest

illest New Member

thank you sir....might end up selling the wheels.....need to get my bags install.

7. illest

illest New Member

Progression...the Mark Levinson speakers blew; upgraded to kicker components all the way around with 4 ch. amp. Sub sounded terrible as well so I replaced it temporarily with an 8" kicker on a 2 ch.
    [​IMG]
    USA-Spec is a hard wire iphone/ipod connector...upfront also nefty when i-level goes in keeps the phone charged.

Amps mounted
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    All dynamated...

Last edited: Jan 2, 2013
  8. mrbrian8

mrbrian8 Member

How is the sound compared to factory, pm me your parts list i mostly want what ohms you went with. I take it everything is running on aftermarket amps , r u still using the factory head unit? Thanks

9. illest

illest New Member

Sound quality from what I can tell is a lot better...considering mine were pretty much blown. All my model numbers are in the first pictures of the audio swap. Yes I kept my factory radio..it's nav and with a hard wire USA-Spec for my iphone where I run all my audio through.
    Oh and if you swap speakers to aftermarket you will NEED an amp considering the ohm differences...
    4 channel amp dx400.4 on the components and the dx200.2 for my 8" sub (which I'm going to cut loose or get something custom done concealed like 2 10's or 12's)

10. jbo

jbo VSC Super Moderator

Welcome to the spot the TL was nice. Looks like a clean LS how many miles and what year is it if you dont mind me asking???

11. illest

illest New Member

2004. picked up a little under 80k..

thanks man!

12. ikadburry

ikadburry Member

looking good so far!

13. okstance

okstance New Member

following closely! nice parts bin so far sir =]

14. illest

illest New Member

thanks!

thanks!! lol.. just so work in progress to finish before kicking off the season. Suspension install in about 2 weeks...they're also rolling my fenders.

15. illest

illest New Member

[​IMG]

=]

16. levie

levie New Member

great start. exited to see where this goes. you should post a picture of you wheels test fitted on the car. i think theyd look nice!

17. illest

illest New Member

thank you... lol I've been wanting to.. just trying to be as patience as possible. Gotta shop around for tires..and do it all at once.

18. ikadburry

ikadburry Member

whats the specs on the rims?

19. okstance

okstance New Member

even on stocks-this thing is gunna look crazy on the ground! plus not really any car guys running air in KS!
    also - onlinetires.com is the best prices i know of!

20. illest

illest New Member

19x9 +12/ 19x10.5 +25