LED and Swarovski Crystal Clock

Discussion in 'Interior' started by burgy, Feb 6, 2009.

1. burgy

burgy New Member

1st Thank you to Zion for the help and inspiration. I am NOT the original on this one but I liked it enough to imitate. This is for the Y33 Q45.

I replaced the dull lights of the OEM clock with the three LED/per bulb style. Then I did the Black Diamond Swarovski Crystals two between each hour hand on the clock. Originally I wanted to just do one at the end of each hand but the minute hand rubbed against the crystals so I altered the plan. Than I did the two rows around the dash trim surrounding the clock.Here are the pics:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The clock by itself
    [​IMG]
    The Trim part way done
    [​IMG]

The LED's
    [​IMG]
    LED's before the Crystal upgrade
    [​IMG]

Finally the big show LED's at night with Crystal
    [​IMG]

I used an adhesive from an arts supply store that needed to be mixed first and then set in 30 minutes so I did the clock, then the bottom half of the trim and then the top half of the trim. Each time I mixed a small amount of the adhesive and it definately takes patience. Enjoy.:dance:

Last edited: Feb 7, 2009
  2. firelizard

firelizard VSC Super Moderator

Cool, classy bling

3. m0nster986

m0nster986 New Member

looks expensive

4. burgy

burgy New Member

^It's not really, but thank you. The Crystals are about 20 bucks for 144 of them I think and the adhesive was about 7 or so... The LED's cost about 6 a piece however...

5. jaynick808

jaynick808 New Member

came out nice! i did the same thing, after seeing zion's of course. your leds are pretty bright n white in pictures. i wish my f50 had a white face clock like y33's instead of silver :sad: it looks more classy.

6. Franklin

Franklin Member

Lookin' good!

7. AME_VIP

AME_VIP New Member

Your F50 clock face is silver? I'll have a closer look at mine in the day light. Looks nice!

8. jaynick808

jaynick808 New Member

yup, and i dont have the sport pkg either. [​IMG]
    i think thats the closest picture i have of it. it looks cheaper and more modern than the white face with gold dials and markers. :shrug: not a big deal i just thought it was an unfortunate downgrade.
    [​IMG]
    cant really see it in pictures but its brushed finished. i need to do the outer bezel like burgy and zion did but i got lazy lining them up then using that weird glue and tweezer things to apply them. idk how the hell zion put so many all over id get frustrated.

9. burgy

burgy New Member

^:smiley-rofl:. The clock looks good, nice work. you wanna sell me that cima V8 badge?:bigok:

I actually used a bunch of toothpicks to do mine, I would get adhesive on one toothpick and then touch the back of a crystal, then take another toothpick and transfer the crystal to it so there wasn't too much adhesive on it, then I would use a 3rd one to move it around and press it in place as well as get it off the 2nd toothpick. I made sure I never got cross mojination either.....

Probably going to do my girls I35 clock as well. looks a lot like your F50 clock.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2009
  10. widebody_Q

widebody_Q VSC Super Moderator

Looks good Burgy

Jaynick808, my clock bezel is chrome :shrug:

11. jaynick808

jaynick808 New Member

is the face white?

12. widebody_Q

widebody_Q VSC Super Moderator

No the face looks like yours, just the Bezal is chrome.

Lots of lights in my interior burnt out, I need to replace them when I get a chance. I'm going to look for your PM with directions as to how to get to the clock. If I can't find it, ill hit you up. Thanks

13. burgy

burgy New Member

14. AME_VIP

AME_VIP New Member

My face is the same but my bezel is also chrome.

15. Oyabun

Oyabun New Member

DAMB!!! Looks great!! Makes me wish I had an annalog clock in my car!!! It would match my vents!!!! [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 12, 2009
  16. burgy

burgy New Member

^Yeah, I looked into those, but I want to stay a little more subtle. Thinking about doing three crystals per vent tab (the piece you use to direct the vents)???

17. mrkenji

mrkenji New Member

classy upgrade

18. golfkid777

golfkid777 Member

Mmmmm... Would LOVE to source a white faced or brushed f50 clock to replace the black one in my y34.

19. jdm94sir

jdm94sir New Member

wow it looks really bright. Nice job. :biggthumpup:

huh y34 has a black clock, interesting maybe i shoul look for an another clock and try making it back??? :yahoo_39:

20. golfkid777

golfkid777 Member

I think only the y34 and f50 are interchangable. From the pictures I see here, the f50 clocks look the exact same as mine!!

Now finding an f50 clock is a whole nother story!!