Leather Seat Color...what To Do!?

Discussion in 'Interior' started by BrianStyles, Mar 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrianStyles

BrianStyles Banned

Alright, so I've got to come up with a color scheme before my supplier will actually be able to start on production for my leather seats.

We're talking about a 1991 Lexus LS 400. Black exterior and dark gray/light gray interior. The dash is dark gray and so are the door linings, etc. I'm thinking about kicking the light gray to the curb and creating a dark gray/black interior. Would this be a good option to go with black leather seats? I want piping on them but I don't know what color piping will look good on black leather seats inside of a dark gray/black interior.

Cliffs notes: Black LS 400 / dark gray/light gray interior. What color leather seats (+piping) should I get if I'm keeping the dark gray and tearing out the light gray?

Here's my current interior (dark gray will stay/light gray will go):
    [​IMG]

Pictures will help me with ideas. Thanks- (arigatou)

Last edited: Mar 16, 2007
  2. 2tirefire

2tirefire New Member

Off the topic, where did you get the woodgrain kit and shiftknob from? I have the same color interior in my UCF11 so I want to see what people suggest also.

Who is making the replacements for you? I can't decide between a seat cover from Japan such as Clazzio (sp), or a full replacement like you. The seat covers are actually pretty nice if you haven't looked into them yet, and a bit less spendy. I see alot of the guys using the covers in the VIP Style Mags.

3. BrianStyles

BrianStyles Banned

Replacements are the way to go. I'm so tired of my original leather just ripping up. I don't want to just cover up her flaws, she needs the full body treatment.

My shiftknob is a Napolex Levoc. http://www.napolex.co.jp/

The woodgrain kit is custom. I'm trying to get my hands on the Wald ones though.

Will hopefully be changing out the steering wheel as well. I ordered a Nardi a while back but when I got it I realized it was too small. It fit INSIDE my stock steering wheel. Ever since then, I haven't been able to find the right size Nardi for a good price. Still waiting, patiently.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2007
  4. 2tirefire

2tirefire New Member

Let me know how the replacements look, I was thinking about ordering some from www.leatherseats.com, they are about 800 for the fronts, which is pretty reasonable, and a bunch of the people from CL have been happy with them. thanks for the shift knob info!

5. elpresidente

elpresidente Administrator

Tear out light gray, put black in its' place,to blend the exterior.

6. BrianStyles

BrianStyles Banned

haha, get Nardi! I'm in the process of ordering one, hence I'm able to find one with a Toyota hub adapter in 350mm size.

I got the leather seats from them (pictures are in the Lexus/Toyota forum). I will tell you this, they look great and I'm 100% satisfied with the quality. if you go leather seat covers, go with Garson or Anceltion. They look pretty darn good for non-direct replacements.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.