just got my f50 and got some questions

Discussion in 'Infiniti/Nissan' started by UcanTry, Apr 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UcanTry

UcanTry New Member

hey i just picked up my 2003 f50 today, i used to have a 1st gen gs300 so im not new to this, but i had some questions:
    will y33 coilovers fit a f50?
    is there any sites or a place to get coilovers for a f50?
    and im ordering some euroline sl in a 20 can anyone recommand some offset etc for the car?
    anyone have some pictures of a f50 with 20 on it and know the wheel specs that they can post?
    any help would be greatly apperciated

2. One Ton VIP

One Ton VIP New Member

Y33 coilovers are totally different... what kind of coilovers did you have in mind for the car...is your heart set on SLs...and how extreme do you want to go with the wheels?

3. dvp

dvp New Member

doing suspension work on an F50 is a royal pain, it costs more because of the spindle system. talk to our vendors and they can help you pick up a set of coils. Also why are your buying SL's? Why not a nicer dish style wheel like the Traffic Star DTX or Leon Hardritt Waffe? these look much better with the F50's bulk.

D.

4. UcanTry

UcanTry New Member

im open to any coilovers, i couldnt find to much when i looked for some....for thwe wheels i did really want them but i wasnt sure how they look on this car but im open to new things and for the offsets i want to so aggressive but i dont want to go to the point where i go through tires twice a month

5. UcanTry

UcanTry New Member

any suggestions on which vendor to talk to?
    got any pictures of those wheels on a f50? thanks

6. dvp

dvp New Member

both high society vip and LBS are great I have done business with both. here is a pic of the f50 with a DTX

[​IMG]

D.

7. UcanTry

UcanTry New Member

do you know wheel this is??? its the only pic i got

[​IMG]

8. Xotic sC

Xotic sC New Member

as far as I can tell...Auto Couture Magnifiques

9. Pagong

Pagong VSC Super Moderator

Amistad has a new wheel called Klaud, looks exactly like the Auto Couture.

Those DTX's are sweet.

10. widebody_Q

widebody_Q VSC Super Moderator

I would recomend 20x9 +15 up front and 20x10 +15 in the rears. Keep in mind thats with a good roll.

11. autofashionELROY

autofashionELROY New Member

they stop making the SL's bout 2 months ago. how bout the new work D3S?

12. UcanTry

UcanTry New Member

yeah i found that out, im not sure what wheel to go with now but if anyone has some pictures of wheels on this car id apperciate it

13. UcanTry

UcanTry New Member

wat do u think about 20*9 -3 in the front and 20*10 +4 in the rear???

14. widebody_Q

GO for it ;)

15. UcanTry

UcanTry New Member

what about that fitment??? with the -4 and +4

16. widebody_Q

You will need fender work and a nice stretch on those tires to even think about that. Keep in mind you cant camber the F50 as easily as the Y33. Get the wheels because those fitments are badass on the car and have the fenders rolled/slightly pulled once the wheels are on. I got 19x10.5 -9 up front and 19x11 -14 in the rear. My fenders where pulled about 30mm up front and like 40 in the rear and the wheels still stick out

17. UcanTry

UcanTry New Member

well i dont mind rolling the fenders but im not tring to pull them, i think that the +4 in the rear will be fine but kinda worried about the -4 in the front, im not sure what im going to do ....cause i cant find any wheels to fit the car that i really like, well that are under 4000

18. widebody_Q

if the fronts stick out alil then get spacers for the back so the front and back stick out the same amount to offset the look. A little poke doesnt look bad as long as your tires are stretched and the poke is equal front and back. Look into getting some neg camber

19. antbo

antbo New Member

good luck. youll be doin mad fender work there. ive used the offsets they have on the VIPstyle mags. they where nothing but good offsets. they suggest 20x9 +20 20x10 +25 for the F50. i mean you said your only down to roll the fender, not pull them. so those offsets will be right for you.

20. antbo

antbo New Member

i think your thinking he has a Y33, but its a F50, totally different specs. i had +5 all around with those wheel specs on my Y33

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.