Jayhoang's LS460 Build Thread

Discussion in 'Lexus/Toyota' started by jayhoang, May 2, 2013.

Tags:
  1. jayhoang

jayhoang New Member

A long overdue introduction... Those on Club Lexus may have already seen this.
    I'll start off by introducing my previous cars. Bare with me...

My first car back in 2006 was a Civic. I was really into the GT look and I still am. It's a look that seems to be getting more and more popular now and you start to see tons of Voltex/J's wings all over the place and I love it!
    J's wing
    Spoon diffuser
    J's lip
    Mugen sides
    Work Meister S1's 18x9.5 +26 all around
    blah blah blah
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

In 2010, I purchased the brand new STI Sedan only months after it was released and finished that project a year later. Still into the GT craze... I know some of you may not be fans of it but don't worry - I wouldn't ruin the Lexus. =)
    Voltex wing
    Varis bumper/side skirts
    Volk TE37 18x9.5 +22 all around
    blah blah blah
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's a video my friend shot of the car last summer.
    [​IMG]
    <iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/52138017?color=fc0307" width="800" height="450" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe> <p><a href="http://vimeo.com/52138017">iM Film: Jason's Subaru Impreza WRX STI</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/illmotion">illmotion</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

Last December, I picked up the LS460L - loaded with the ML sound system, rear fridge, suede liner, radar cruise control, air suspension etc. Everything but the executive seating package.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. jayhoang

jayhoang New Member

The day I brought it home, I polished the headlights immediately. They were really cloudy and yellow. I wetsanded them and took my orbital and SSR 2.0 to it and they look brand new again
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

After sanding
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I also got the PS nav bypass.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All done!

[​IMG]

My girlfriend also grabbed me the PS air controller to use with the stock system. Installed that shortly after...
    [​IMG]

At the time, I thought this was low enough... :dance:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 2, 2013
  3. jayhoang

jayhoang New Member

Then I ended up swapping all the bulbs in my car to white LED's. Including the Nike lights.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Biggest pain in the A** bulb change ever.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And of course - the obligatory Tsuna because that gives me VIP status...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also since it was just winter... got rid of my ghetto all season newspaper mats and replaced them with weathertech mats
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. jayhoang

jayhoang New Member

I then tinted the reverse part of the rear lights. I've done it on all my cars and I always thought it looked great.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I received my Ti bolts for the license plate frame as well. Something I've done on all my cars as well. The little things matter!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Had some time so I decided to polish the whole car. It needed it badly.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. jayhoang

jayhoang New Member

Got sick of the stock air suspension SUPER quick. It's slow, it was always uneven, and I hated waiting around for it to go all down and back up again when I needed to leave. Thanks to Mark at RavSpec, he put together a UAS + BC set up and stage 2 Accuair for me... Got it in about 4 weeks. Accuair was backordered for 2 weeks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Trying to decide on the tank set up
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. jayhoang

jayhoang New Member

The biggest news came on Tuesday. After about a 20 week wait, the first set of 21" step lipped SSR Vienna Merisia's in Titan Silver landed here. The only other set of Merisia's I know of is on the 2GS in 18's and he's a member on the forum. Can't remember his name though.
    The 21" became available on the SSR site 3 weeks after I placed the order after seeing that 21" was actually available from a photoshoot SSR did in Japan on an LS.
    [​IMG]

Opted for the red centercap
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mock up...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. jayhoang

jayhoang New Member

Finally after all that time - It leads me up to today.
    Last night, I painted the air tank to a color closest I could get to mine. It's not a perfect match but once it's in the trunk, it'll be hard to tell. It is definitely more vibrant than the stock color. It ended up turning out fantastic and I'm happy with it. The car goes into the shop today to install the air, and I'll be working on the weekend to get the trunk set up correct.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. DKJZZ30

DKJZZ30 New Member

Its coming along nice man. Cant wait to see it all finished.

9. BPVIP

BPVIP New Member

Awesome! Cant wait to see it dropped with the wheels!

10. Why33

Why33 New Member

Boss!

11. timmy0tool

timmy0tool Member

good things good things, and small things do matter! gotta love a gf that gets your car parts!

12. brainneeded

brainneeded Active Member

i haven't kept up with usf40 stuff, but is there now a way to bypass all the issues (christmas tree lights) with replacing the factory air suspension? dope build and coming up quick too! seeing quite a bit ls460 builds lately

13. bluwagun

bluwagun New Member

Glad to see you on here, I think I ran in to a blog w photos of your car and other misc vehicles @ a shop something limit. Anyways, update us once everything is put together. Thanks

14. jayhoang

jayhoang New Member

Yes there is! The question is how to do it. Not sure if the secrets will be shared or not... that's my next mission...

Yup - that would be my blog!
    http://www.lifewithjson.com

I try to update that with everything I do - especially my car stuff.

I've dropped the car off today - now the countdown begins...

15. jbo

jbo VSC Super Moderator

Incredible work in progress Im definitely staying tuned for the next update...the SSR's wow

16. Slo N Lo Benzo

Slo N Lo Benzo New Member

This is def. goin to be a kickass build. Keep all the pics coming. Later.

17. jayhoang

jayhoang New Member

Rear seats are coming out... Struts should be in tomorrow. The rear seats are a PITA.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The ML amp...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. jayhoang

jayhoang New Member

Bags are in. Lines are being run now...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

GF helping me trace out the rear tray and we're making a new one.
    [​IMG]

The old air struts
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tentative tank set up
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. blackanese

blackanese New Member

You get down quick on shit! Can't wait to see it done