interior color change question.

Discussion in 'Interior' started by Pinoy09, Jul 10, 2011.

1. Pinoy09

Pinoy09 New Member

Hey everyone, was wondering if anyone knew a good way to go about changing interior colors without it looking tacky or cheap but at a reasonable cost.

Ultimate goal/ vision i have in my head is I want a black on black LS but have noticed the black interior is...well... rare to come by. I've only seen tan or grey leather which is alright but if I could do it I ultimately want to go black on black sooner or later. black on black IMO is just too clean. ^.^

seems black exterior is a little hard to find in my area as well. However, as long as i can find a solid LS400 everything will fall into place with time. and money of course.

advice?

2. nokcy21

nokcy21 New Member

its been done, but in diff color. on dudes gs, he use some leather dye. i think its here somewhere...

3. 4DGS

4DGS New Member

Dye is the way to go. But not cheap shitting dye, you need to use upholstery dye.

4. psyk0tic808

psyk0tic808 New Member

how much would this mod cost...?
    doesnt seem like its easy to do...
    hope it goes well

5. Schnitz

Schnitz Active Member

Search for 'cinammon' and you'll find another member dyed his LS400 interior. Cost about $150 in materials. Its tje time it takes that's the biggest portion.

6. chrance

chrance New Member

cheap is not in VIP vocabulary.

buy garson seat covers ^^

7. Dranom

Dranom VSC Super Moderator

If you only want the seats and door inserts done you can use dye's from

http://www.leatherique.com/

About the dashboard and doors im not sure. You might wanna PM gato and ask whta dye he used

8. neoecks

neoecks Member

I've painted an interior parts using special paint for interior plastic. I just scuffed it cleaned it and shot it