I'm back! With a true vip platform.

Discussion in 'VIP 101' started by alpha0male0, May 1, 2013.

1. alpha0male0

alpha0male0 New Member

Tired of having to deal with smog issues, being harassed by cops and wanting a more mature car.... I got out of the drifting scene. I traded a neat little widebody s14(minus the wheels and bride seats) for an unmolested y33. If your curious to see what my s14 looked like click the link >>>> http://www.vipstylecars.com/forums/showthread.php?29552-VIP-approved-stance-and-wheels/page2 . I've been wanting to get into the vip scene for a lllooonnnnggg time now and I couldn't be happier. On with some pictures!

[​IMG]

*gasp* I broke the golden rule and did wheels before suspension.... But in my defense I already had the wheels and I'll be ordering some BC coils ASAP.

[​IMG]

Not wanting to run a stupid amount of negative camber, I'm a little worried. If I cant get them to fit without having to run some serious negative camber I might end up selling/trading the wheels.

[​IMG]

Some minor dings and dents but overall the car is in pretty good shape.

[​IMG]

That fender gap! I'm kind of embarrassed to drive it lol

Thoughts, comments, concerns, advice?

2. DaMayor

DaMayor New Member

looks clean! Good luck on the build!

3. hypertek

hypertek New Member

very nice, how is life after giving up the s14? surely you miss the sporty ride?

I had an s13 my first car, built that up, sr20, bodykit, wheels kouki tail lights etc, got tired of cops and worrying about theft so then i got a benz, rocked that for a little bit but then missed the import scene, so got an rx7, had it for a while but i blew the engine a few years back and being too broke to fix it, i think its time to give it up and go back to a more mature car.

4. OGcima

OGcima Member

Nice lil project get a workshop to fix those dents and respray and your all sweet :)

5. Slo N Lo Benzo

Slo N Lo Benzo New Member

Nice lookin s14 you had, good luck with this build. Later.

6. alpha0male0

alpha0male0 New Member

Part of me misses the sportyness but the other part of me is loving the luxury. Being able to pick up a girl for a date and not having to yell in order to have a conversation is priceless.

Any advice from you veterans? Do you think I'll be able to fit these wheels without having to run some serious negative camber? They're 19x9.5 -5/19x10.5 -13

7. DIRTYATL

DIRTYATL Active Member

Short answer. ......yes u can

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

8. the bucky

the bucky New Member

im running 19x9 -22 19x10 -23 with stock rear camber arms and camber plates in the front. fenders are rolled and pulled tucks wheel

9. alpha0male0

alpha0male0 New Member

I know it's not going to be a walk in the park lol

10. Jordan_Inc

Jordan_Inc New Member

good luck with the build

11. qtrung606

qtrung606 New Member

I'd like to see how this turns out. Nice wheel choice

12. levie

levie New Member

it seems alot of guys go from sports cars to luxury and don't regret it one bit. I used to have a Toyota Soarer ( Lexus SC) for those who dont know, and i moved up to a Lexus LS430. So far i have no regrets eathir. The Q is a awesome platform man, i absolutely adore them. The wheels will look sooo good once you got your suspension going. Welcome to the forum :)

13. alpha0male0

alpha0male0 New Member

The wait time on BC racing coils was 3-6 weeks. Desperate to get low, I decided to go with some used Algernon Div coilovers. I'm happy with them, the ride quality is great! They might have not be able to go AS low as the custom BC coils but they go low enough. Any lower and the car would be a pain to drive around. Girls don't think it is cute when you cant get up a driveway lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Very happy with the fitment in the front. Paper thin clearances;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You think I can afford to bring out the camber just a bit? I'm at -3.5 right now.

[​IMG]

*heartbroken* I effffed up the rear fenders a bit. Its not to bad but I think you can tell from the pictures. I plan on getting some minor body work done and respraying the car with a hint of gold flake.

14. alpha0male0

alpha0male0 New Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All my cars get the "alpha male" vinyl.

[​IMG]

I wanted to do something a little different.

[​IMG]

Bling bling!

Last edited: Jul 23, 2013
  15. Jspec603

Jspec603 New Member

Car looks great man! Nice ride height, love Y33's!

16. alpha0male0

alpha0male0 New Member

Thanks man!

Sent from my iPhone using VIPStyleCars

17. Dranom

Dranom VSC Super Moderator

Wassup with the pulled fenders with a fender gap????
    regular roll with some camber would do the trick

18. airmax

airmax VSC Super Moderator

i was wondering the same.

19. C8V6C

C8V6C New Member

Looks almost identical to the 00 I sold LOL...even had the same scratches on the back bumper :p

20. 4DGS

4DGS New Member

Lookin solid, you plan to clean up the 1/4s and spray em?