How to paint Y33 wood grain>>>

Discussion in 'Tutorials and How-To's' started by zion_97, Jul 30, 2007.

1. ScottyTuned

ScottyTuned VSC Super Moderator

Awesome. Im giving this a try soon in my car.

2. jdmsao

jdmsao New Member

Dude, thanks for the ill tutorial. Im definitely gonna try it out, I doubt it'll look as good as yours though...

3. ViruzOne

ViruzOne New Member

how close does this look the Y33 OE woodgrain? I might try it first on my friends yukon and see how it comes out, im sure he'll let me since he has grain envy lol

4. zion_97

zion_97 Banned

5. psychedelicbeats

psychedelicbeats VSC Supporter

i'll be honest with you.. with that seat panel, there should have been more sanding.. at least on clearcoat side. you can actually see orange peel i think.. its either orange peel or the texture of the surface

6. zion_97

zion_97 Banned

The side of the seats is not orange peal it is the texture of the plastic. . I did not sand down the plastic because of where the part is. its down at the bottom of the seat where you really dont see it to much only when getting in the car. IF I was doing it for a customer and they wanted it sanded then I would do it but for me it was not worth the extra time and effort.

7. FullTimeHitMan

FullTimeHitMan New Member

the diy i was looking for! is there anyway we can get the pics backup?
    from reading the process it seems to be similar to the marble finish.

-Sean

8. RotaryAE86

RotaryAE86 New Member

yeah i do it a different way but it involves candies and marblizer. its close to the same way you do it. black base, marblizer, use plastic bag to get your desired effect, then throw on your candy. either way works of course:biggthumpup:

9. fresh_617

fresh_617 New Member

any way to revive this thread? i would love to paint some pieces to match this but no pictures are here lol

10. OG

OG Active Member

do it right and dip it.

11. visitor

visitor New Member

Do it right and get real wood.

To expand on that.. We HAVE hydrodipping equipment here at the shop.. I still used real wood. SO MUCH NICER!

12. OG

OG Active Member

overlays look worse than stock most of the time.

13. airmax

airmax VSC Super Moderator

no he was banned quite a while ago.