Houston paint shops?

Discussion in 'South Side' started by TLontheDL, May 10, 2013.

1. TLontheDL

TLontheDL VSC Super Moderator

I just purchased a small front lip for my maxima. Approx, how much should I expect to pay to get that thing painted? Any recommendation on a place that does excellent paint jobs, in the SW side of town?

2. Mr jdm

Mr jdm New Member

For a front lip I'd say it will cost you between 80 to 150 to paint depending on the shop and condition of the lip. I'm not from H-Town but I heard of two shops Ike's and third coast customs. Also a member on here owns a shop his name is O.G. I think he's on the north side

3. Kohinoor

Kohinoor VSC Super Moderator

80-150 sounds right. jc autobody does most of RE's paint/body work. they are near almeda and 610.

4. TLontheDL

Kohnoor: ill prob bring it there then! Only b/c if RE trust their work, so will I!

MR. JDM: How old are you? I go to Denver often and remember going there several yrs ago when the import scene was kind of new. There was a shop there called Speed Image. Are they still in business??

Thanks for the quote guys!!!!!! Now I know an approx ballpark figure!

5. TLontheDL

Kohnoor: I stopped by JC yesterday and they were closed. I had a feeling they'd be closed on a Sunday but I just so happened to be passing that way anyway and thought I'd drop by.

Can I use a name of someone from RE as a reference?

6. OG

OG Active Member

they painted anis ls, cheat's sc, and i believe joe's gs.

7. airmax

airmax VSC Super Moderator

im sure you can use any of the mentioned as a reference.

8. TLontheDL

Sweet!

9. Mr jdm

Mr jdm New Member

TL, I'm 29 man. I'm not sure if Speed Image is still around, I used to do business with the old owner Hong. The old location is gone I heard he sold it and I'm not sure if the new owner moved locations or just closed it. I live in Cali now since the beginning of the year.

10. TLontheDL

Nice. I have family members living there in lakewood. Nice place to get away..

Though, i haven't seen any VIP cars there. It's mostly fast and furious.

11. TLontheDL

Man! I just dropped off my brand new front lip to have it painted and was quoted $350. That is a big difference from 80-150! There is a VIP saying that goes, "It pays to play!" Is there any other saying about getting raped? jk

12. Juzzo

Juzzo VSC Super Moderator

Technically it ain't rape if you enjoy it :smiley-rofl:

But yeah that's a rip-off...

13. Mr jdm

Mr jdm New Member

Dude we paint a whole bumper for 150 at the shop I work at. 350 is an ass raping lol

14. TLontheDL

Fawk!! I already dropped it off.. Guess I'll just have to grab my ankles and take it like a...man.

I figured since all the RE guys go there, they must do a good job.

15. airmax

i think its, "you gotta pay to play."

16. TLontheDL

^ There ya go!

I got it painted and it looks great! He even tried to get me to mold my lip into my bumper for $700. I said, "Peace!"

17. jeebus

jeebus Active Member

Damn, you got ripped the fuk off. $350 to drop some paint on a lip :pat:

18. OG

OG Active Member

i wouldn't have paid that.

19. TLontheDL

I know.. I figured since some of the RE guys get their work done there, I figured JC Autobody would hook me up. I dropped names and he wouldn't have it. He ignored it lol! I made conversation and curiously asked how much he would quote me on a matte black paint job for my car. He said $7500 and to wrap it matte black is $4000 :(

I saw zeem's and anis car in a portrait there in the waiting room.

20. airmax

damn 4k for a wrap? if you want your car wrapped matte black i'll do it for a lot less lol.