Homemade and various other Fusa's

Discussion in 'Interior' started by driftonedge, Nov 23, 2007.

1. driftonedge

driftonedge New Member

hello guys i'm new on here. i don't have a vip car but i'm doin a lil bit of that style on my old 1970 toyota corona mkll and lil bit of bosozuku look. and i'm lookin for junction produce fusa aka kiku knot. and wondering where i can get one or if any one have the huge one (18 inchs) pic of it?:smiley:

2. kaizer

kaizer New Member

Have u try the vendors round here?

3. eight08customs

eight08customs New Member

Try sesisons Usa.. he has a ton of Junctuion Produce stuffs

4. pimprascal

pimprascal New Member

Hit up AutoFashion. I think they have some in stock as well... 1 (858) 635-6620

5. Costco

Costco New Member

Whats up, i was at Jo-ann Fabrics and they have "tassels" rope things that look like the Kitsuna knot. They come in gold,black,white, and a lot of other colors was well. Just a thought if your looking to spend considerably a lot less than a Junction Produce one. Of course if you wanna be authentic then go for the JP ones, i just copped one from Joann fabrics for $12 to put in my Si hatch just for decoration.

6. Paul

Paul New Member

haha! I was in Bed Bath and Beyond doing some x-mas shopping and i walked by the drapery and i was thinking the same thing. they look similar and its not difficult to tie a KIKU knot / AGEMAKI knot ...but its just not my style.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2007
  7. augdogg

augdogg VSC Super Moderator

Isn't that an equivilant to rockin' Foakleys and/or Folex?

8. vip tint+glass

vip tint+glass Active Member

yo man im in murrieta and i got a kintuna, or the gold pretzel if you wawnna cop it.

9. augdogg

Yes! take advantage of this offer!:dance: :dance: :dance:

10. ebruce2

ebruce2 New Member

screw the damn fusa, I wanna see the Corona

11. Paul

Paul New Member

i don't see anything lame about making your own.
    it's a cultural thing that it represents, its not a replica of a brand name product.
    Junction Produce didn't invent the thing.

however if you're doing it to compete in a car show, then having brand name stuff might earn you extra points.

12. augdogg

I don't believe that my statment incinuated anything about LAMENESS or that there is anything wrong w/ doing your own thing. Wheather ppl like it or not, certain things cost money (sometimes overpriced), and I don't care if ppl think I wasted MY money on items that I enjoy. So when you look at my knot and say, "I can't believe that guy spent $$$ on that silly thing when he could have made it?" think about it. Then get back to me.

13. Paul

Paul New Member

EDIT> I agree spending money on things you enjoy is part of having fun in lfe. I have purchased overpriced designer items for my wife and myself, and I bought them for the status. I don't mind admitting it.

I wasn't going to buy a "Fusa", because it didn't seem to fit in especially since I'm not of Asian decent, and my car is British.
    However after doing some research on the meaning of them, and how it links to the Buddhist mystic knot and also the feng shui purpose behind it I changed my mind.

I didn't buy a designer one from JP. However I did still get a genuine one for less than $18 shipped and it has jade carved into it. I love the way it looks.
    :)

Last edited: Dec 5, 2007
  14. augdogg

:biggthumpup:

15. Paul

Paul New Member

For everyone's knowledge...

What Mystic Knot symbolizes? The mystic knot symbol explains that everything goes in a cycle, where there is not start and end point. It is a neverending cycle in Buddhism. The mystic knot is seen as the symbol of good tidings with minimal illnesses, problems, pain, setbacks and any sort of sufferings. It is a knot that implies smooth and easy life. Therefore it is also the magical lucky knot in feng shui.

More history The Kiku Knot design is a more modern 6 loop knot with an emphasis on the central knot. The Agemaki Knot is the most traditional knot pattern with the cross pattern dating back over 1000 years. The Fusa Knot is a tassel that originated from the traditional Danjiri festival in Osaka Japan. The tassel's design was originally a charm that decorated the helmets of soldiers in ancient JapanIt is a form of 'good luck' charm. It is more specifically a religious (specifically Shinto) symbol of abundant harvest. It is likely a derivation of the buddhist 'mystic knot', which, having no end, symbolizes the infinite wisdom of buddha. It's roots are in the Danjiri Matsuri (Danjiri Festival). The festival can be traced back to 1703 when the feudal lord of Kishiwada, Okabe Nagayasu prayed to Shinto gods for an abundant harvest at Fushimi Inari-taisha in Kyoto."

The Dajiri Festival has some interesting history/culture. check this out for more info:http://www.existenz.co.jp/festival.htm

16. Green Poupon

Green Poupon New Member

^I dig that alot. I never knew the history behind it.

17. firelizard

firelizard VSC Super Moderator

In this case, I'd say no. The fusa pre-dates JP significantly, it's not like JP makes the only fusas.

They just happen to make ridiculously priced ones that people flock to buy because they're part of a hot new trend, and they're JDM, and they come with the aura of prestige attached to JP. Really though, it's a rope with a knot in it, just like any other fusa.

I'll be blunt about my opinion: I think it's a waste of money to buy a Junction Produce fusa. I don't mean to offend anyone who has done it, they have their reasons I'm sure. But that's my take on it.

18. Paul

Paul New Member

Danjiri festival is odd, and hilarious.

To check out some Fusa in action click the link below:
    YouTube Search

19. augdogg

Opposed to the reasonable priced ones that ppl don't flock to buy because they arn't apart of a hot new trend, and not JDM, and don't come w/ the prestige attached to JP. Seems/sounds pretty black and/or white to me. Thanks for your blunt opinion. :shrug:

20. kaizer

kaizer New Member

Why would a non Japanese even rocks a fusa or kinsuna if it's not becuz of JP's branding?