Help with dynamat type products

Discussion in 'Interior' started by felixy69, Feb 21, 2012.

1. felixy69

felixy69 New Member

Hi I m new to using these products and need help on selecting what I need
    Here is my goal.....
    I have a fit with very stiff engine mounts, the viburation is redicules and it's louder inside the car then out side!! I can't drive with windows closed !!
    Also because my car is turboed, the heat is too much and it's penetrating into the car so again during summer time.... Inside the car is hotter then being out side.....!

Money is no object !
    Tell me what product I should buy to solve my problem
    Thanks

2. whitej47

whitej47 New Member

Pull the engine/tranny, clean the firewall with degreaser, use second skin audio spray coating over the firewall. Pull the fenders off in the front and do the same to all of the surfaces where sound can enter the cabin. Pull ALL of the interior and use fatmat over the firewall and running gutter. Spray the same material you used on the firewall onto the foil surface of the fatmat. That is ONE component of sound deadening. Then you can research foam tiles and padding. Also, you can use overkill (acoustic vibration dampening mat)which is another good product offered by SSA. That will get your car quiet I bet.

I have an xB, a car that is notorious for being way too loud with our paper thin sheet metal. I did stage one on the back half of the car and the doors and it reduced noise levels entering the car by about 75%. I still haven't done the wheel wells on the inside of the car, bu I have to buy some more material...I highly recommend it. Take your time and you can do all of this yourself if you are patient.

3. Schnitz

Schnitz Active Member

Sounddeadenershowdown.com

More than enough info there to set you on the right path. The owner is really helpful as well if you have any questions.

4. Dranom

Dranom VSC Super Moderator

what did you use to spray the second skin?

5. whitej47

whitej47 New Member

Air compressor and the kit that you buy comes with everything like a bottle a gun. The nice thing is, it all cleans with water as long as it is still wet. You can actually use a paint brush or a roller to apply it as well, but the results are so-so.

6. lowlyfey34

lowlyfey34 New Member

i need some serious sound deadening to help with the vibration of my parcel shelf and trunk lid now that i got a 12w6 in the back lol....still havent made my mind up with what to do yet tho

7. visitor

visitor New Member

Hi,

Sound deadener is actually meant to lessen rattles, and NOT to block road noise. I understand it does have that effect to a lesser extent, but its not the best for the job. To actually make the car quiter, you're going to be looking at a product like second skins "luxury liner/l.l. Pro". Pair that with some closed cell foam, and you will be extremely satisfied. if you ARE stuck on getting regular deadening, I recommend checking out audiotecknix stuff. Its very close to the second skin damplifier/damp. Pro at a much lower price tag. I recommend staying away from peel and seal, edead, fatmat and the like, as asphalt based deadener stinks, is less adherent, etc. sound deadener showdown is a great website, and his products are top notch as well!

I hope that helps.

8. lowlyfey34

lowlyfey34 New Member

only thing is don@showdeadenershowdown is a lil slow to get back at ya. been waiting 4 days to get my shipping quote. guess ill look around at other products too. :sad: