HELP?Jag rear table tray.

Discussion in 'Interior' started by J.kuza, Jan 26, 2010.

1. J.kuza

J.kuza New Member

I need help installing a Jag Rear table tray? How to measure and most important is what type of screws should I would use? So in the future it so won't look like half a$$ job. :slap:

2. davipstar

davipstar New Member

i assume u don't have the original screws. i have two pairs of tables laying around somewhere. oh well. just go get some that have some shine to them. obviously u wouldn't want to use wood screws.:smiley-rofl:

as far as measuring goes. what are they going in?

3. J.kuza

J.kuza New Member

Jag rear table tray

Well its going in my Y33 for now,have other things in mind and NO they didnt me an oem screws!!!:pat:

4. urmyhero4now

urmyhero4now New Member

If you don't know where to start you might want to take it to a shop and have them do it right the first time.

5. romeo291

romeo291 New Member

Taking it to a shop doesn't always mean they'll do it right the first time. Besides, it's just screwing in screws.

I haven't done the mod myself, but obviously, here's how you have to approach it.

step 1: Sit in the back and hold the table up and locate the most comfortable position to mount the trays so that you can actually use it. This is to make sure it doesn't hit your knees when you fold it down or it's too high up.

step 2: Mark this position with some masking tape straight across

step 3: Take note of the concavity of the back of your seats compared to the concavity of the tray when it's folded down. Just make sure it doesn't look out of place. It's a loss cause if they look too awkward.

step 4: Mark where you need to drill the holes by placing the bracket up to the seat and using a permanent marker, make one small dot in the middle of the hole.

step 5: Drill a small test hole first, and if nothing crazy happens, drill the hole you need and install a mounting screw anchor.

step 6: Install the screw into the anchor to hold your brackets in place.

step 7: repeat on the other side

6. J.kuza

J.kuza New Member

Hey thanks Romeo291 for the heads up. I didn't think about those anchor screws.
    As well as hitting the knees when its fold down, good thinking and taking your time
    typing it in this section ,Thanks!!!:dance:

7. berlinas2k2

berlinas2k2 New Member

Last step is to post pictures of your install.

8. romeo291

romeo291 New Member

No problem, I had to help you out since you have a kidrobot avatar, and I collect vinyl toys. :biggthumpup:

9. J.kuza

J.kuza New Member

:biggthumpup:THANKS,for sure ill post them but dont know how yet to put pictures?:pat:

10. squadoneY33

squadoneY33 VSC Super Moderator

[you have a pm

QUOTE=davipstar;296424]i assume u don't have the original screws. i have two pairs of tables laying around somewhere. oh well. just go get some that have some shine to them. obviously u wouldn't want to use wood screws.:smiley-rofl:

as far as measuring goes. what are they going in?[/QUOTE]

11. drivnovrdaedge

drivnovrdaedge New Member

right now i am in the same boat .. i have the tables but was wondering how to install them ..

i personally didnt want to use anchor screws beacuse if there is ever a chance that the table it out and gets kicked up ... a huge chunk will come out ..

i wanted to take out that back portion ... and then use a nut and bolt to tighten it down .. the only problem is that i dont know how to take out that back portion

does anyone know how take that back portion out of a y33 seat? .. its the backing where the map pocket is ..

12. J.kuza

J.kuza New Member

1.)Don't use anchor screw

2.) Use wood screw about 1.5'' long and use about the same thinkness screw of the hole on the Jag tables.

3.)Make sure you have someone help you to hold the Jag Tables

4.) Position it right and mark it.(Do it more than once to position it,to make sure its perfect.

5.)Then, pre-drill it use the smallest drill bit.

6.)Then screw it very slowly by hand. (manually)

That wood on the back seat will help it support the rear table tray. So its all good!!!

Ill post pictures of my rear Jag tables!:biggthumpup:

Last edited: Mar 30, 2010
  13. VIP-UCF

VIP-UCF Active Member

anyone have jag tables for sale?

14. hellah fresh

hellah fresh Member

^^ YO i have them! =) And i also have the original screws that they use for them too.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 1, 2010
  15. VI IX

VI IX Active Member

^^^ damn that looks brand new. Where'd u cop that at?

16. hellah fresh

hellah fresh Member

Nice post 666 Lol. I bought it off of ebay about 1 n half year ago which too me MONTHS to find. I was suppose to go on my w140 but due to how my rear seat backing was i decided to wait. But yeah they are in very good shape but now i have no use for them so they just sit on the self in my shop. If anyone is interested shoot me a offer.

17. drivnovrdaedge

drivnovrdaedge New Member

so they install on with those screws .. WTF!!!!

i guess ill buy some this weekend and install ...

mine arent in the best condition

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 2, 2010
  18. hellah fresh

hellah fresh Member

^^ Yessir. Was you going to use some kinda beast screws lol.

19. J.kuza

J.kuza New Member

1.) THIS IS HOW IT SHOULD SIT IN, FOLDED UP.
    [​IMG]

2.) REAR TABLE FOLDED OUT.

[​IMG]

3.) SLIGHTLY BEND THE BRACKET JUST A LITTLE TO SIT IN FLUSH.(ROY TOLD ME THAT, THANKS VegasY33:biggthumpup:)

[​IMG]

4.) MAKE SURE TO FOLD REAR TRAY IT OUT AND IN SO IT LINES IN THE CREVEST. HAVE SOMEONE HELP YOU ON THAT BEFORE YOU MARK THAT SREW AREA. HOPE THAT HELPS...:biggthumpup:

[​IMG]

SORRY FOR THE PICTURE QAULITY, FROM MY IPHONE...:shrug:

20. hellah fresh

hellah fresh Member

^^^ Niceeee.