Help identify F50 lip kit

Discussion in 'VIP 101' started by boosted_teg817, Jul 12, 2008.

1. boosted_teg817

boosted_teg817 New Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Does anybody know what kind of kit is that? i think its oem just wanted to make sure... if so where can i get them at?

2. OG

OG Active Member

i'm not sure what it is but i do know a couple things:

1) its not oem

2) it won't fit usdm bumpers

3. widebody_Q

widebody_Q VSC Super Moderator

blackonblack98 is correct. Judging by the license plates, it appears to be from a company called "whole9"

Last edited: Jul 13, 2008
  4. EXE.UCF10

EXE.UCF10 Member

That kit is made by Experience. You can probably get it through JDMpalace.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2008
  5. elpresidente

elpresidente Administrator

And buy Japan bumpers and supports...as previously mentioned.

6. boosted_teg817

the front bumper seem almost identical to the u.s. So i will have to get bumper and support? All that will probably add up to about the same amount if i were to buy a whole kit like the insurance kit? btw will those bodykit needs jdm bumper support?

7. boosted_teg817

ohh n one more thing, will the cima grill bolt up to the u.s. model or do i have to change out the hood and bumper like the president conversion

8. elpresidente

elpresidente Administrator

I'll let the others answer those specifics. I only knew that the bumpers were an issue and usually the US supports are bigger than the Japan ones..not sure about fitment on this particular car though...but it's been pretty standard otherwise for other cars I've worked on.

9. widebody_Q

widebody_Q VSC Super Moderator

The Japenese bumpers are shorter then the US bumpers. Look at the front bumper closely. Its different then the US bumper. The middle section of the front lip wont line up to the US bumper.

Thats not to say you cant make it work. A good body shop should be able to extend the sides of the bumper for you and modify the middle parts. At the end, that would cost you the difference between a full bumper replacement.

As far as the grill goes, it will bolt on to the US bumper. It will not be flush, the sides kind of stick out but its not too noticable.

Good luck.

10. boosted_teg817

thanks guys that help me out alot!

11. luda42688

luda42688 New Member

i duno but that is one hell of a clean car.

12. ELFATHER F50 CIMA

ELFATHER F50 CIMA New Member

you will sure need jdm bumpers for that lip like mentioned before but it will sure look nice ! first time i see this lip kit around , anyways i was able to modify my front bumper with the usdm absorber , and it looks really good . good luck on your project man.

13. antbo

antbo New Member

g-answer, i think

14. boosted_teg817

what do you mean by modifying your front bumper do you have that kit? or are you talking about the grill?

15. infini

infini New Member

I would love the opportunity to mod a car of this level, at this level of transformation. It's not a cheap build by any means. I mean even on my car, if I want to get one JDM lip kit I need to change the entire bumper/brackets and many more safety parts that are JDM only. I am sure you can imagine the cost of F50 lip kit build like the one your talking about.