Hello, LS430 in VA

Discussion in 'Introduction and Welcome Center' started by jackies, Nov 3, 2015.

1. jackies

jackies New Member

Hi everyone, my name is Jack, I live in Northern Virginia, I've been lurking here for a while and finally decided to introduce myself.
    I been thinking to install a good stereo in the car, and decided it'd be stupid to have a stereo that cost more than the car.
    So I figured I need a better car, preferably a large sedan, with a few choice accessories.
    So far I have installed Photosync tint, Aragosta coilovers, Garson wheels and Japanese mirrors with turn signals.
    Funny thing, Japanese mirrors are apparently designed for the right hand driver, so I have them tilted all the way to the left and still not quite enough, will have to work on those some more...

LS430 is my daily driver, as it happens I went to get some groceries and snapped a pic:

[​IMG]

2. sojah

sojah Member

good start. so the entire mirror assembly is from japan not just the mirror covers? so your driver side one prolly has the funky angled convex mirror part on the outer edge as well. I forget which side it is on actually but prolly on the wrong side for you.

good luck with your build.

3. jackies

jackies New Member

Yeah, actually both mirrors have funky angled convex mirror part, I'm still not sure if I like it more than the plain old flat mirror, may end up rebuilding just the driver side, with flat mirror and the correct angle, passenger side is alright as it is...
    Besides, I had a question for you sojah, will pm if you don't mind.

4. sojah

sojah Member

yeah it is funny to me how they have strange parts that never make it to the states here in japan. sometimes it is just some random part you wouldn't even think of but they will make it different...

my least favorite is the windshield wiper arm and the blinker arm are opposites. that is fine and dandy if you move to one country and get used to it. but my daily is a german made bmw which is RHD but they did not change the windshield wiper arm and the blinker arm (it is same sides as the states), but my other cars are Japanese standard so I am constantly hitting the wrong one when I switch cars.... ahhh first world problems are great aren't they┬┐

5. jackies

jackies New Member

I'd say it's a small segment of first world problems - an international lifestyles problem.
    I was watching Archer, also reminded me of hardships on overseas assignments...