gs offset question?

Discussion in 'Lexus/Toyota' started by UcanTry, Apr 27, 2006.

1. UcanTry

UcanTry New Member

im looking at buying some 19*9.5 +28 and 19*10 +28....how much if any modification will i have to do to fit them...thanks there going on a 1st gen gs

2. mr. aristo

mr. aristo New Member

i have 19x9 +24 and 19x10 +29 on my 2nd gen... no mods and its lowered on tanabe df210 w/ ltuned shocks.. no rubbing at all

3. bBOXD

bBOXD New Member

Mr. aristo- Can you please post pics of your setup. That sounds like it looks pretty good. I have some SSR's with similar specs. :)

4. mr. aristo

mr. aristo New Member

i will try and get pics up... i have coilovers right now so its gonna be tuckin lol :2funny:

5. upSLIDEdown

upSLIDEdown New Member

Here ya go... This is a really good friend of mine, front fenders are not rolled at all. Rear's are rolled with a VERY SLIGHT pull. The rear pull is pretty much imperceptible unless you know what GS fenders look like stock. Anyway, this should help you a lot. Your outside of your fronts would be 9mm "less flush" (further inward). The outside of your rears would be 21mm "less flush". Here's the link:

http://vipstylecars.com/forum/index.php?topic=4228.0

~Bryan

6. upSLIDEdown

upSLIDEdown New Member

BTW, there are more pics on pages 2 and 3. Page 3 probably has the best pics.

7. clearstar society

clearstar society New Member

I would like to see this as well

8. NG C-Klasse

NG C-Klasse Guest

Low disk, mid idsk, high disk??? Just size and offset's don't mean much without knowing this.

9. mr. aristo

mr. aristo New Member

i don't know what high and low disc are... i just know the size and offset cause we had them custom for my car like 2 years ago... but now i'm gettin a lil rubbing on the rf side... but i got tein coilovers now and dropped it another 1.5in so its tuckin looks sick... i will try and get new pics up its just my fiance took my digicam to korea :(

10. Pagong

Pagong VSC Super Moderator

MrAristo's wheels are almost touching the inner fenders but not quite...fitment is really nice.

Aggresively mild.... :D Thats an oxymoron...lol

11. NG C-Klasse

NG C-Klasse Guest

I think when I helped Dave out his are a +20 front and rear, but different disk. I'll have to check, but only a fender roll and very mild pull is required..easy stuff.

12. jzz30tt

jzz30tt New Member

Ummm size and offset (and tire size, obviously) are all that matter in terms of fender fitment. Disk has nothing to do with fender fitment, disk will determine brake clearence and lip size, that's all.

13. NG C-Klasse

NG C-Klasse Guest

Hahaha, did you read his initial post?
    So going on this if it's a +28 low disk in front it will hit the brake caliper and NOT FIT unless you use a spacer and do some fender work. It's extremely relative. This is what I do every day for customers, so trust me..I know the ins and outs of wheel fitment. He didn't ask for total fender fitment. I said what I did because he might need spacers and working the fenders, but how much work will depend on the disk size. Do you understand what I'm saying?

14. antbo

antbo New Member

my GS is 2nd gen, i dont really know if the 1st and second are the same, but my wheel in the front is +24 low disk and it doesnt need a spacer. it only needs a spacer if i use the toyota brake pads. the wheel has about 2-3 mm clearance from the caliper to the wheel. but it looks better with the spacer :)

15. V8_Aristo

V8_Aristo New Member

Should fit, lexaristo runs a 19x9 23 and 19x10 15.

16. NG C-Klasse

NG C-Klasse Guest

What kind of spoke design does it have though?

17. antbo

antbo New Member

[​IMG]

18. NG C-Klasse

NG C-Klasse Guest

It's of course rolled though right? Because the +20's needed rolled, but the brakes cleared because of the spoke design. That's why I asked.

19. jzz30tt

jzz30tt New Member

Yes, I read the first post, that was made several months ago.

I understand what your saying, but not to step on your toes your assuming too much. Like spoke design for example, or that every manufacter's disk's are the same. I know more about wheel fitment than most... especially when "shop owners" (*cough* Richie * cough*) Ask someone how I got wheels to fit under fenders he wasn't able to... haha that was great.

I'm not trying to jump on a high horse here, but my initial post here was correct. Obviously I'm assuming the disk will clear the calipers. All I was saying is that disk doesn't have an effect on offset.

20. NG C-Klasse

NG C-Klasse Guest

Understood. The calipers was what i was worried about more. It's all relative..so it's all good.