Good tint shop in Orange County?

Discussion in 'Interior' started by Blitz, Apr 1, 2009.

1. vip tint+glass

vip tint+glass Active Member

i got a large roll of the hp50 blue, u got any questions on it? its just a tad darker than the benz blue

2. NELSON09

NELSON09 Active Member

Cool, thanks for the fast reply.

Hows it last over time?

I was quoted $170 for all windows excluding windshield.

Do you think it's a good price?

I can't believe he said they wouldn't do my windshield:pat:

Are you still in Murietta?

3. vip tint+glass

Is it for the benz? If so u should ask about felt linings. Cuz tint gets scratched when u roll those up n down. If its w felts that's super cheap.

Yeah we here in murrieta but for your car w felts and windshield would be 355. I have an even better film for the windshield. Its an 80percent blue and it blocks out 44percent heat, that's more than the hp50. But it'll b 405. Its virtually clear with a hint of blue. If u wanna c what it looks like I got it out back on my galant. Hp50 all around and air80blue on the windshield

4. NELSON09

NELSON09 Active Member

335 - thats a good price. I'll have to ask my boy if it's w/ felts or not. I hope he wouldn't quote me on a job that gonna come out wack.
    I actually talked to the mobil tint guy in our parking lot when he was tinting my boss' ride just to see how good of a deal my boy was giving me - asked him if he had HP50blue and he was like "no, but I do have this"...gave me the whole rundown, a pamphlet and even cut a little square of that airblue, it was 80 also. you're right it IS virtually clear w/ just a hint of blue - perfect for the windshield. It be worth a trip out there to see. 335 is a good deal for everything. Especially because that air80blue isn't cheap product if I remember correctly because of its functionality/quality. Thanks I'll DEFINATELY keep you in mind, may even roll out there one weekend to check it out in person. I have other mods/maintenance I need to take care of before tint. But when I do get it done, I want to get it done, not be teased with an empty winshield LOL.
    Good lookin' out and thank you.:biggthumpup:

5. vip tint+glass

aight names norman, 355 with hp50bl all around even the windshield. 405 if you want the air80bl on the windshield. but come in and i can hook it up a little better

6. NELSON09

NELSON09 Active Member

TYYYYTE Norman. Thank You VERY much. Like I said, It's gonna have to wait for maintenance and I just splurged on a BRABUS muffler (300,couldn't pass on it) But yeah, that's love man. My name is Kris. Nice to meet you LOL, and much thanks for your help. I'll be seeing you in the "near" future.:biggthumpup:
    I'll PM when I have cash in hand to check availability/appointment.
    ...by the way, that GS of yours there is off the hook. I've drooled over your ride for a while now, long before I signed up here. Nice work.

7. vip tint+glass

thanks man. no rush homie, i aint goin nowhere anytime soon

8. NELSON09

NELSON09 Active Member

cool.good lookin' out.

9. SoCalSC4

SoCalSC4 New Member

I've had the SunGard light blue on my GS since '04. Very happy with it!
    It has a reflective/mirrored quality in the direct sunlight, but overall the look is subtle.
    No issues with the po-po thus far.

I used Rick @ SunDial tint in Huntington Beach for this. He did tons of SEMA cars for Wings West, Ford, Mazda, etc. back in the day.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 9, 2009
  10. NELSON09

NELSON09 Active Member

Thanks man...Your GS is off the hook by the way. My first proj was a slammed 93Camry, painted out trunk tails, ect., ect.... I painted it that blue (paint/chassis quality wasn't as nice) but you get the idea. The GS was the reason I chose to paint it blue. LOL, everyone thought it was because of the SI that was the hot ticket at the time, but yeah, very well done up Lex...and I have to agree with your sig - Jesus is most deffinatly lowerd.
    Thanks again:biggthumpup:

11. vip tint+glass

Sungard went bk, and was later bought by a diff company. I don't believe they produce the blue film anymore.

Not to say the suntek is any better, but neither are known for their longevity or performance, like llumar or 3M

12. SoCalSC4

SoCalSC4 New Member

I should have mentioned: my car is always garaged. When i was commuting to HRE it would sit outside during the day, but for the last four years or so the car mostly sits in the garage; it is not driven frequently and does not see much sun. No fading of the tint that I am aware of, but I am unusually nutty about my cars.

NELSON, thanks for the kind words. Best of luck with your build!

13. NELSON09

NELSON09 Active Member

Yeah man, you're welcome, thanks for chiming in and the eye kandy.

Good lookin' out fellas.