Good tint shop in Orange County?

Discussion in 'Interior' started by Blitz, Apr 1, 2009.

1. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Need to get my moms car tinted. Benz E-class. Want to do all doors and back window. If you guys know a place to recommend please let me know. I've had a place I went for years but I just called and the guy has moved to Texas.

2. vip tint+glass

vip tint+glass Active Member

i may be able to find a good shop in oc for you. what year e class so i can give you an average price?

3. carnal_c30

carnal_c30 New Member

Tint Connection in Costa Mesa
    2490 Newport Blvd.

949 650 8468

He does alot of SEMA cars and cars for TrD

Last edited: Apr 2, 2009
  4. OCKlasse

OCKlasse VSC Super Moderator

If you wanna be a psuedo-baller like me and run Huper Optik ceramic, then Perfect Window Tint is Santa Ana is the shizzy.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2009
  5. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

wow...I think my friend did that film on his SL55...I think it was like close to $400.. How much for a 4 door sedan?

Last edited: Apr 21, 2009
  6. vip tint+glass

huper should be more than $400 on an SL. cuz u have to felt that ride. i hope u got the felts OC. how dark do u want it? cuz if u want it darker than LIGHT u dont want huper. huper has great specs for light films, but u can get the same specs with darker films.

ceramics are very pricey.

and how much you willing to spend?

dont expect it to be any lower than $280. if its lower they arent doing the car right, or putting the right type of tint you need.

here is a list of GOOD films for that car:
    huper ceramic
    formula one pinnacle
    llumar atx
    3m CS

and if you get a ceramic make sure the shop knows how to install it. most ceramics arent meant for autos, they started as an architectural film. so it has to be put on the right way or it will haze. hit me up on pm if u got some detailed questions

7. OCKlasse

I did 40 sides and rear and 60 windshield (yes I did felts, thanks for the heads up). It was $600. I did have my dad's CL done at the same time, so he brought the price down a little.

8. vip tint+glass

That's a good price w felts AND the windshield

9. OCKlasse

I think he quoted me $480 without the windshield, another $200 with the windshield, and then I asked if he'll do both cars for $600 each and he agreed.

10. jaynick808

jaynick808 New Member

huper optik is dope! i paid more though =( i think my front windshield was 240 or 250 and the sides n rear was 500. :shrug: worth it still. black on black is brutal in hawaii.
    you should look into formula one if a shop nearby has it. i hear formula one is a cheaper, thinner, easier to apply alternative to huper. supposedly has a little less heat rejection but i havent personally tried it though.

11. vip tint+glass

formula one pinnacle is their ceramic. its a ceramic blend so u can still go darker, the one major complaint about ceramics. the other complaint is its shrinkability, most cars have to be done in pieces like in the early 90's cuz it doesnt shrink good.

formula one and most llumar films are 1.5 mil which is optimal for installation. huper is 2 mil i believe. F1 pinnacle has great specs.

12. jaynick808

jaynick808 New Member

good info :biggthumpup:

13. elegancecustomz

elegancecustomz New Member

whos the manufactorer for the green tint???

14. vip tint+glass

the only decent green ive been able to find is madico 50% green. i have it on a car here and the green has kind of faded. its been on there for 7 years and it hasnt bubbled. llumar also makes a good green but its 35%

15. elegancecustomz

kooo....glad we carry madico here in houston...ill ask my rep.........thanks Man!

16. elegancecustomz

i found a HP high performance green from one of my distributors you think 30% will be too dark or should i still try to find the 50% ....?

17. vip tint+glass

30 will be too dark IMO. the 50 has just the right amount of green

18. mdenoga

mdenoga Active Member

Theres only one person I would trust and its the guy helping you out right now. Great guy and knows what he is talking about. Worth the drive. =)

[​IMG]

VSC APPROVED SHOP

(951) 600-8438

41615 Date St # 106 Murrieta, CA 92562

19. vip tint+glass

What year is the e class? If its 05 or newer it'll b a lil cheaper

thanks mike

Last edited: Sep 2, 2009
  20. NELSON09

NELSON09 Active Member

Not to threadjack but,

Any insight on SuntekHP50Blue? I guess they have an even lighter shade too. It's an idea I've been on the fence about but with blue it can eithier go really well or really WACK, Lol.

-back to the topic, everyone has pointed you in the right direction. You'll be safe with the shops already mentioned.

Thanks in advance