Fresh from the oven....

Discussion in 'Interior' started by augdogg, Mar 17, 2008.

1. kingtoy10

kingtoy10 Member

KICK ASS, thank you Auggie. I got my type of wood picked out and narrowing in on the stain color. I will work on my templetes this week and getting ready to build.

I think once you do a tutorial, people should post up their own projects to show what can be done.

2. augdogg

augdogg VSC Super Moderator

I hope you purchased clear pine in 3/4".....:shrug:

3. Brokey33

Brokey33 New Member

Awww whhaaaaaaattttt. I already started mine and NOW you do the DIY.

Well hopefully the DIY is gonna be similar to my style, I'm sure not the same, but hopefully similar :)

4. augdogg

^^^hahaha, well yo aint gotta do it my way...:shrug:

5. kingtoy10

kingtoy10 Member

Well I haven't purchased the final piece of wood yet. I am looking at maple burl big leaf wood.

I have my prototype almost finished, that I have made out of MDF, but it is only 1/2". I think 3/4" would look way over sized on my dash.

I am still looking forward to your tutorial to see how you approached each step and how you handled the trim.

6. augdogg

IMO MDF sucks dick, really unworkable, heavy, and is made with chemicals and urine. My way is easier + makes alot of sense BTW 3/4" is about right..you'll see...

7. kingtoy10

kingtoy10 Member

Well I only used the MDF to make the prototype to see if it fit right, so I wouldn't waste good wood. Once I finish the prototype tomorrow I will post pics and tell me what you think.

I am sure I will be able to learn alot from your tutorial.

8. augdogg

You know waht i used for fitment prototype, cardboard..=)

9. kingtoy10

kingtoy10 Member

Here is my finished prototype

[​IMG]

Here is how the prototype looks in the car

[​IMG]

If I am out of line posting these Auggie, let me know. I don't want to thread jack anyone.

10. airmax

airmax VSC Super Moderator

how is that mounted?

11. kingtoy10

kingtoy10 Member

I used some plain painters tape doubled up to hold it temporaily for the pic.

The finished product will use two side velcro and two small brackets on each end.

12. augdogg

Woah woah woah, "Auggie"? We dont know each other like that yet.:pat: Aug will do fine.:biggthumpup: N E wayz, looks like you've made an effort, but your dimensions seem wrong IMO. Long, narrow, tall, and thin....You do you of course, good effort tho:biggthumpup:

13. berlinas2k2

berlinas2k2 New Member

You critique his efforts but offer no solution? Let's see how the table master does it.

14. kingtoy10

kingtoy10 Member

OK Aug, sorry. Thanks for the tips. The length is pretty much needed cause of the dash, and the width is almost 6" in the widest spot. I can make it a little shorter, I have slightly shorter supports, and I will switch to thicker wood like you said before.

15. berlinas2k2

berlinas2k2 New Member

^ Do you intend on leaving that entire lower wood angle on there?

16. kingtoy10

kingtoy10 Member

Well I could shorten them some.

17. burgy

burgy New Member

Nice work, I agree that a break in the long lines will add to the aesthetic appeal though. I have a few ideas that I have to prototype soon. just small variations that I haven't seen yet. Over all, Awesome work Aug, and great job so far Kingtoy....

18. VipDout

VipDout Active Member

good efforts but I would say If I made Augs tables I'd sell one to you ;P

19. a_aguilar

a_aguilar New Member

i want a table. does anyone know where i could get one?

20. Qfour5

Qfour5 New Member

vendors i think fizz pgmotoring and elite can all help you out look in the vendor for sale section