Forums are updated

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by VIPStyleCars, Feb 17, 2017.

1. VIPStyleCars

VIPStyleCars Administrator Staff Member

We updated the forum software away from vBulletin. We were able to move over the old database into the new forums so all of the data / login details remain. If you have any questions or issues please feel free to contact directly at admin@vipstylecars.com

- John

2. dzznuts671

dzznuts671 Member

Awesome!!

3. ikadburry

ikadburry Member

Very nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Juzzo

Juzzo VSC Super Moderator

Dunno, but I felt that after the chat box disappeared and Instagram exploded, that the forum went cold... But hopefully we can get this back to speed. We can't get enough "speed" nowadays

Let's make sh*t happen!

5. VIPStyleCars

A lot of forums especially "niche" ones went cold with the explosion of Facebook groups and other social media outlets. Large ones will have some sort of standing but they are also slowing losing their hold as well. It will is up to a community to decide on what they want to do.

6. VipDout

VipDout Active Member

Welcome back vipstylecars

VIPStyleCars likes this.
  7. ultm8mind

ultm8mind Member

Welcome back James

VIPStyleCars likes this.
  8. mlracing

mlracing Member

Excellent, can get back into it :D

VIPStyleCars likes this.
  9. jackies

jackies New Member

Thanks for the hard work, old engine did have to go...

VIPStyleCars likes this.
  10. bigniks

bigniks Member

Is the app now defunct?

11. VIPStyleCars

Not just yet. It should be up and running soon enough. It is on my forever long list of stuff that needs to be updated.

12. VIPStyleCars

Yea, We had to do something about it. Took me awhile to find a new software setup that I can confidently run

13. TLontheDL

TLontheDL VSC Super Moderator

It is up to us to be more active on this site. Answer questions for those who ask, post photos, good advice, friendly atmosphere, etc. will bring people back to this site. What would also help is if we get the vendors to be more active and post more deals and ads more, people will spread the word and join the forum, if they haven't.

I will do my best to come back and get this place happenin' again! Where are the old skool members at nowadays?? How come the dates that we join aren't shown under our alias anymore?! I'm a 2004 member damn it! lol

14. VIPStyleCars

I will rework the vendors as well.

Some of the join dates were lost in the move to the new forum software. =( I apologize for losing that. I just couldn't stand using vBulletin anymore.

15. chandlerGTi

chandlerGTi Member

Glad to see the change, it was messing with me.

16. ultm8mind

ultm8mind Member

You guys inspired StanceWorks to update theirs also, lol...

17. VIPStyleCars

lol nice. Good that forums are starting to care about their community again =)