F50 Buddy Club Coilovers

Discussion in 'Infiniti/Nissan' started by Qshadow, Apr 25, 2009.

1. Qshadow

Qshadow New Member

Thank you to Grant and Marksport for their help in getting these to me. Patciently waited and was well worth the wait! Below are the pics. I know no one is going to like my wheels but I like them and thats all that matters.. Once again please ingnore my crappy jack!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My car before with stock springs and stock suspension: Front very scarry huh!!!

[​IMG]

After.....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    yes I know I need to mow my grass lol

[​IMG]

Then I took the mud flaps off, because for some reason it just looked strange. Lowered the back more this is how it sits now...only pic I have at the moment not a good one. I need spacers for the back as soon as I get rid of the dumb f50 rear lip we all know so well.....

[​IMG]

I know it doesnt look like it in the pic but the back is still half an inch higher than the front. These buddy clubs are great so far. The front is up about 2 inches from the top. This means I could lower the front by about 3 to 4 more inches. The rear is in the middle for now so could go down another 2.5 to 3 inches or more. I am very please at the drop ability of these I was tentative based on the Japanesse description of the drop did not seem anywhere near as much as it dropped it. Hope all f50 owners enjoy because we know how hard and expensive the parts are for these cars and not easy to come by! Thanks again Grant (freshlikesushi) and Marksport.

2. ELFATHER F50 CIMA

ELFATHER F50 CIMA New Member

Man i like it alot how low you can go ! great set-up for sure thanks on the info how much did these run for ? i might switch to something like this but in the future not right now working and spending to much on my ls460 getting it done ! but looks nice keep up the good work love your pearl white color wish i had that color now :biggthumpup:

3. Qshadow

Qshadow New Member

4. widebody_Q

widebody_Q VSC Super Moderator

LOL you keep pointing out things no one even noticed like your jack and your grass. All I can say is wow! That looks great

5. AME_VIP

AME_VIP New Member

Very nice stance!!! Love it!

What % is the tint btw? I am planning on going medium all around.

6. widebody_Q

widebody_Q VSC Super Moderator

Looks like 20%

7. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

the japanese instructions give you the range you "should" be riding at. when you go out of the range you go out of spec. I just recently raised my car an inch and it made a big difference in ride. Alot smoother...

8. mista808

mista808 New Member

looks really good. me like.... any plans on getting a different set of rims? kit maybe?

9. OG

OG Active Member

man i was feelin it until i saw your grass...

10. Qfour5

Qfour5 New Member

ooh i like it I gottta figgure out what I'm gonna do drop wise for my F50 I got a lot of other stuff workin and have actually slowed down with the weather improving. working more and more each week good thread and I cant wait to do my suspesnion I gotta figgure out what route I'm goin still and I have some body work that I have to do due to some one smashing up my rear bumper in a parking lot so i might be doing a kit first even though its not the most popular method of modding on here. but yours looks really good I like it and I cant wait to attack my own suspension

11. Qshadow

Qshadow New Member

AME-VIP - yes it is 20% tint, not too dark but helps from the florida sun.

Mista808 - I am sticking with these rims for now maybe a change in the future with more money, as for a kit I am not loking for a whole kit I just want the JDM bumpers with the moulding and and lip kit like a g-games kit.

12. AME_VIP

AME_VIP New Member

Nice thanks! 20% looks great.

13. jubei07

jubei07 New Member

Nice...you finally got your coilovers!!! Looks good bro, now bust out the weedeater and take care of them weeds. LOL. We have to rideout sometime.

14. Qshadow

Qshadow New Member

jubei07 - yeah definately will want to ride out soon, still want to check out your suspension and ride! Yeah finally!! got them took me a year just to make the right dsecision and still needed a push from marksport

15. CrazyHawaiian

CrazyHawaiian New Member

Did you happen to measure them before installing to see if they work with UAS? Please LMK. Thank you!!!!

16. Benji

Benji VSC Super Moderator

Very clean! Nice!

17. nismorg

nismorg New Member

What happens to the electronic suspension on a F50 when you go coilover?

18. Qshadow

Qshadow New Member

nismorg - What happens to the electronic suspension on a F50 when you go coilover? When I removed the stock suspension (mine did have the adjustable dampenign sus) I just removed the round spinning device from the top of the strut and then unplugged it from the other end of the cord. Something tells me these wires are standard even on the ones that do not have the adjustable struts. Once I removed the plug the car operated without any concerns, in other words the car did not freak out and give me all of thoes error messages that the F50's have on the navigation screen.

crazyhawaiian - i did not measure them but here is a comparison pic, they are much smaller obviously this is the front, If I had left the coilover where it was at in this picture the rim would have been inside the fender and I would not have been able to drive or turn the car. I raised it about and inch and a half.
    [​IMG]

19. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

actually those little square motors that sit on top of the struts just twist off and then unplug harness. They aren't screwed on but rather locked in but some lefty loosy pressure and maybe 90 degrees turn and they come right out. That is the very first thing I did when I changed my suspension.

20. AME_VIP

AME_VIP New Member

Thanks for that comparison shot. Nice to know you can nearly lay it on the ground.

Btw I went 20% all around on my F50 and damn it is dark! lol